GDT: Game 39: Avs vs Flames | 8 PM MT | January 2, 2016

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Same here lol. I was too tired to wake up at 4AM so I decided to just watch it the next day. Only lasted until Stajan's goal.

It was a bad game, it happens. I'm sure we'll see a much better showing against LA.

You say that like we have one of those every two months. Like we are cruising to a division title.

The team looks completly disorganized, again.

Yeah, we could see a better game against LA. If they win look at them be fully satisfied and loose the game after that.

Last edited:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I can't remember how many times, but it was a lot, that Avs players passed up on quality chances to try and force a pass to Iggy. The Flames covered him all night and the Avs shot themselves in the foot each shift he was on the ice.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I can't remember how many times, but it was a lot, that Avs players passed up on quality chances to try and force a pass to Iggy. The Flames covered him all night and the Avs shot themselves in the foot each shift he was on the ice.

Things like that are bound to happen when a team has absolutely no offensive zone structure or plan and relies solely on the talent of their top forwards. That falls squarely on Roy.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
You say that like we have one of those every two months. Like we are cruising to a division title.

The team looks completly disorganized, again.

Yeah, we could see a better game against LA. If they win look at them to be fully satisfied and loose the game after that.

I get that we've had bad games this year and I'm not fully defending the team...they played awful and spent all night trying to feed Iginla, but they have played pretty well since mid-November so they were pretty much due for a stinker.

It seems Roy noticed the trying to feed Iggy instead of playing their game so hopefully they learn from it and move on. We had a good month and a half of good hockey and with this team still being pretty young they just need to step back and reset themselves and get back to how they were playing before last night

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They weren't going to play .750 hockey forever. We know what this team is, one game (good or bad) doesn't change it. Maybe some of you truly believe this is a bottom 5 team and that's fine, I'm glad when they validate your perceptions then. The rest of us know this is a playoff bubble team that's going to miss the cut. Sometimes when its going well we can be a little optimistic but really those times and nights like last night shouldn't change anything.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I get that we've had bad games this year and I'm not fully defending the team...they played awful and spent all night trying to feed Iginla, but they have played pretty well since mid-November so they were pretty much due for a stinker.

It seems Roy noticed the trying to feed Iggy instead of playing their game so hopefully they learn from it and move on. We had a good month and a half of good hockey and with this team still being pretty young they just need to step back and reset themselves and get back to how they were playing before last night

They had a stinker against TOR and they have lost 4 out of 5.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
They had a stinker against TOR and they have lost 4 out of 5.

Ok 2 stinkers in a month and a half and 2 of those games lost were in overtime where we played well but one play ended it in OT.

It just seems a lot of people here want to just see things as horribly as possible and freak out at every loss. TV is right, we weren't going to play winning hockey for the rest of the season. This team isn't there yet due to youth, some vets past their prime, a need for a couple more pieces for the top 6 and prospects who aren't ready to go yet. But the sky isnt falling either, we will probably pick top 10 again but I highly doubt were bottom 3 either.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Is anyone else as frustrated as I am watching Duchene carrying Mitchell and Martinsen?

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
They weren't going to play .750 hockey forever. We know what this team is, one game (good or bad) doesn't change it. Maybe some of you truly believe this is a bottom 5 team and that's fine, I'm glad when they validate your perceptions then. The rest of us know this is a playoff bubble team that's going to miss the cut. Sometimes when its going well we can be a little optimistic but really those times and nights like last night shouldn't change anything.
well, hope says we rally have a great trade and lose all the dead wood, and end up in the PO hunt, sqeeeeeking in in the final week as mini gets edged out! ok mini will be in too..
But you are as always dealing with us a an un-ruley bunch of fearful Avs lover/haters who remember what was, had a small taste of Glory with Roy, and now suffer these loses to scrub teams....

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011

Is anyone else as frustrated as I am watching Duchene carrying Mitchell and Martinsen?

felt both when at the last game (vs Hawks)
this is nothing new and should have been addressed

both are on Roy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
One of the many things that pissed me off about Redmond is that he won't use his D partner. He'd rather skate himself into trouble or just throw it down the ice than make an easy 10 foot pass to an open player. If it's Guenin, I won't blame him too much but Gormley can actually do something with the puck.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like how all the problems with the team are always Roy's fault but then no one gave him credit for the win streak or dragging them out of the basement and into playoff contention.

Can't have it both ways. This is on the players, both the good and the bad. They deserve most of the credit and the blame. That's where they're at in their development as a team and individuals.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One of the many things that pissed me off about Redmond is that he won't use his D partner. He'd rather skate himself into trouble or just throw it down the ice than make an easy 10 foot pass to an open player. If it's Guenin, I won't blame him too much but Gormley can actually do something with the puck.

Oh god this infuriates me. He's either got tunnel vision to the 100th degree, or he's ignoring anything Roy wants him to do and is just going solo-mission because he believes he's entitled to be in the NHL. Methinks it's the latter and that he doesn't give a **** because he isn't going to re-sign here

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
well, hope says we rally have a great trade and lose all the dead wood, and end up in the PO hunt, sqeeeeeking in in the final week as mini gets edged out! ok mini will be in too..
But you are as always dealing with us a an un-ruley bunch of fearful Avs lover/haters who remember what was, had a small taste of Glory with Roy, and now suffer these loses to scrub teams....

I get that it's your board, but our teams are one point apart with your team having played one more game. The NHL has a lot of parity right now and there's pretty much no such thing as a scrub team. The difference between most 8-16th place playoff teams and 30th place is probably an injury here or there or a slow goaltending stretch. There're about two(WAS/LAK), maybe three (STL) teams in the league who are really in any class of their own. I'm becoming ever convinced that you'd have an easier time rolling some eight-sided die to know who will make the playoffs than by looking at roster makeups or coaching.

(Sorry for interrupting.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad