Pre-Game Talk: GAME 39 1/24 7:08 PM - THE BEAR goes hunting for DUCKS - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
One game the pucks just going to hit Foligno and go in, and Bruce will be like. See I told ya so.

Its like you have someone like JDB who has had success at the net front before, playing well, producing some and is a trade chip. Why not put him there? Let him build his value if he can chip in some goals. Nope. Stick the 3.8M anchor there.

Makes as much sense as using an umbrella inside.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I get why he's there, Bruce wants a big tough presence in front of the net to raise hell with the goaltender and tip shots in. Apparently Bruce thinks nobody else on the team has the fortitude to do that.
Aside from Marchand and Bergeron no one else crashes the net and parks themselves in front of the net on a regular basis this season. At least Foligno is willing to even tho he's really not good at it at this stage of his career.

I think Chris Kelly needs to have a chat with a few guys because he was a master at it and also pissing the hell out of goalies. I'm not shocked he developed back issues over his last few seasons because he was crosschecked regularly by the goalie or opposing D.

Bottom line, people want Foligno off the PP then someone needs to stand in front of the net, not move and take the abuse from the goalie.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
This has nothing to do with the pre game.

I was on the main board and they were talking about players with interesting names.

I thought of Wacey Rabbit and looked him up, he is an assistant coach for Alberni Bulldogs 100 km away.
Weird. . . . .

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This has nothing to do with the pre game.

I was on the main board and they were talking about players with interesting names.

I thought of Wacey Rabbit and looked him up, he is an assistant coach for Alberni Bulldogs 100 km away.
Weird. . . . .
The Legend of Wacey Rabbit will forever live on! I went to one Baby B's game one year he was playing. I think he scored 16 that year. He was very fun to watch. And really great with us fans. I thought he was so cute too :laugh:

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Unfortunately Foligno doesn't do that either.

Jake Debrusk has scored 2.66, 2.52, 2.1 and 2.9 G/60m on the power play since 2018. He scored 8 PP goes in 2018, follows by 7 in 2019 before Bruce decided that he hates him and cut his PP in 1/4. Foligno hasn't scored more than 2 PPG since 2016 and scored .69, .67, .95 and .66 G/60 on the power play in that same time period.

Playing him on the power play is a terrible coaching call. He's not been a good power play player in over 5 years and Jake's rate stats for the power play are mostly static despite being buried. He's the right player for PP1 if Hall is on PP2. This is foolish.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Jake Debrusk has scored 2.66, 2.52, 2.1 and 2.9 G/60m on the power play since 2018. He scored 8 PP goes in 2018, follows by 7 in 2019 before Bruce decided that he hates him and cut his PP in 1/4. Foligno hasn't scored more than 2 PPG since 2016 and scored .69, .67, .95 and .66 G/60 on the power play in that same time period.

Playing him on the power play is a terrible coaching call. He's not been a good power play player in over 5 years and Jake's rate stats for the power play are mostly static despite being buried. He's the right player for PP1 if Hall is on PP2. This is foolish.

I couldn't agree more, and if Jake has trade requested himself out of PP time, then I would fine with Lazar or Nosek, or even Steen doing it. All three of them are unfraid to get in there and mix it up, and all three have the wheels and hands to be far more useful than Foligno.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Jesus. Get Foligno the f*** off the PP.
he went back to Hall there for a bit and it was working pretty well I thought, this was even before Foligno got hurt. Idk why the hell he went back to Foligno there especially with Hall being on fire lately. Hell I'd even put Debrusk on PP1 over Foligno.

Reactions: Dr Hook

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well it’s looking real bad for Folingo when he gets PP time and can’t advance his stats. Fourth line 3.8 million dollar player. Likely a nineth floor player real soon if he can’t do something. Donny can’t be too happy with that move. Pretty bad advice from someone to make that signing with a NMC.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well it’s looking real bad for Folingo when he gets PP time and can’t advance his stats. Fourth line 3.8 million dollar player. Likely a nineth floor player real soon if he can’t do something. Donny can’t be too happy with that move. Pretty bad advice from someone to make that signing with a NMC.

Were they that worried that some other team was going to swoop in? Wish they hadn't been, maybe he'd be somewhere else stinking up the joint.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
it really is looking like a pretty brutal signing so far. Even Nick Ritchie popped 15 getting that PP1 time. I realize Foligno does some good things, but so far it's not enough to offset the lack of scoring AND the lack of sticking up for teammates.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Aside from Marchand and Bergeron no one else crashes the net and parks themselves in front of the net on a regular basis this season. At least Foligno is willing to even tho he's really not good at it at this stage of his career.

I think Chris Kelly needs to have a chat with a few guys because he was a master at it and also pissing the hell out of goalies. I'm not shocked he developed back issues over his last few seasons because he was crosschecked regularly by the goalie or opposing D.

Bottom line, people want Foligno off the PP then someone needs to stand in front of the net, not move and take the abuse from the goalie.

Loui Eriksson was great at it too bad concussion issues wrecked his time here :(

Reactions: CDJ and Alicat

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Jesus. Get Foligno the f*** off the PP.
Cassidy needs to sit down with the prior first line again and let them make decisions because splitting up the first line they agreed with and it has been the biggest reason for the turnaround of the season.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Anaheim is a very interesting team, they do have trouble scoring goals at times even during their strong period in November/December.

They allow too many shots, but Gibson is a pretty good goalie and has been really good while they've killed penalties.

What is kind of funny is Anaheim has done well despite getting nothing from Jakub Silfverberg, 2 goals in 37 games. Signed at 5.25 cap hit thru 2024, probably gets bought out this summer.

I've taken a greater interest in them since laying a bet at +280 that they would make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad