GDT: Game 38: Sabres vs Blues - 12/27 8pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
****ing Elie again. I rarely rag on a 4th liner, but when he's taking a spot from someone who deserves a look on the farm, it's maddening, ESPECIALLY considering that bottom 9 needs some sort of scoring catalyst.
Botts is testing Casey. A true 2C can carry a couple of zombies to success.

Reactions: MrMaster

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Thats not the narrative
I don't get why they're not even carrying a healthy extra forward for this trip. No one better have silently come back from holiday with a flu bug, or worse, tweak something in practice or warmup, else it's Hunwick as an extra forward. I get that it's one game, but still...

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
I don't get why they're not even carrying a healthy extra forward for this trip. No one better have silently come back from holiday with a flu bug, or worse, tweak something in practice or warmup, else it's Hunwick as an extra forward. I get that it's one game, but still...
Remember, Botts said he expects call ups half way through the season, we have 3 games left until that point :sarcasm:

Reactions: Fearnot

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'd also like to thank all the terrible Buffalo media hacks for pushing the "ROR was addition by subtraction" narrative for firing him up and ensuring he is going to play tonight like a man possessed to make everyone eat their words.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Its weird at times how they will do this with the forwards but usually try to make sure they have an extra Dman. Even calling one up to sit and watch to ensure they have an extra.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I missed that they switched up the d pairs in the last game, did Phil say why he split up Bogo and Dahlin?
I haven’t seen anything from Phil about it but personally I didn’t like how Bogo wasn’t always available for a d to d pass from dahlin.

Sometimes he’ll just start heading up ice wanting to join the potential rush, assuming Dahlin will get it out. But he needs to stay available as an option for him instead.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I haven’t seen anything from Phil about it but personally I didn’t like how Bogo wasn’t always available for a d to d pass from dahlin.

Sometimes he’ll just start heading up ice wanting to join the potential rush, assuming Dahlin will get it out. But he needs to stay available as an option for him instead.

Dahlin started the season playing with McCabe (and it certainly was a good pairing) so it could simply be a matter of giving Jake his spot back now that he's back and has some action under his belt.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016

I know the middle six is Interchangable but my goodness. The Sabres need at least one maybe two solid forwards to join the team (that’s kncluding improved play from cm and Tage) before we are a legit contender.

Elie needs to be gone like 2 mo ago. Any news on Wilson’s return? It’s gotta be coming up soon

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Dahlin started the season playing with McCabe (and it certainly was a good pairing) so it could simply be a matter of giving Jake his spot back now that he's back and has some action under his belt.
Okay gotcha. I wasn't watching that much at the start of the season. I've pretty much only seen Dahlin with Bogo and that was my gripe with Bogo pairing with him.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Pilut’s play with Risto probably impacted this as well. They may want to see a top 4 that has Pilut, Risto, Dahlin and McCabe. McCabe/Dahlin gets us two pairs with smooth skaters and some sandpaper.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Still don’t understand playing McCabe on his weak side when that’s where Dahlin prefers to play. Has Dahlin been given a chance on his weak side yet? I can’t remember.

The last time they were together they rotated a lot on each side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad