GDT: Game 38: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 6PM - FSAZ+ - Rick Tocchet's NHL18 Edition

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Considering how this season has gone, I wouldn't mind another line brawl in Colorado. We aren't going to win many games this season, gut we don't have to go gently into that good night. Let the other team keep their heads on a swivel. Old style hockey.

A little animosity between two teams that have no chance at the playoffs.

Reactions: Mosby

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Considering how this season has gone, I wouldn't mind another line brawl in Colorado. We aren't going to win many games this season, gut we don't have to go gently into that good night. Let the other team keep their heads on a swivel. Old style hockey.

A little animosity between two teams that have no chance at the playoffs.
Avs are only 3 points out if playoffs with 2 games in hand. Not saying they will make it but they aren't done.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
MacKinnon is a piece of trash. Starts to fake getting hurt and then turns into Superman and goes after Rinaldo. I agree. A line brawl is in order!

Reactions: Lilhoody

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Fans are so soft. A guy like Rinaldo is so necessary on a team of young rather soft offensive players.

Rinaldo actually has not cost his team this year. He plays an effective energy role on the team. What he did against the Aves is just old time hockey. He hit a guy. Knew there would be a response. An Ave player makes a beeline towards him. Rinaldo gives him a good punch to the face. a melee breaks out. I love it. If you don't like it go watch figure skating.

Look at what Brian Boyle does in NJ . That is the kind of leadership a young team needs. I have nothing against a fight or even a brawl here and there, but a guy like Rinaldo brings absolutely nothing to a team.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
MacKinnon is a piece of trash. Starts to fake getting hurt and then turns into Superman and goes after Rinaldo. I agree. A line brawl is in order!

Eh I don’t think he was faking. No reason to fake after a legal hit (where he actually got the better of Rinaldo). Just had a stinger, probably dropped an F-bomb or two, but then saw what was going on and brushed it off.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Rinaldo overreacted and did so quickly but Girard should've stayed away. I have been entertained by Aves fans comments on the various videos. Crying foul with no sense of irony regarding their own teams history.

Reactions: cobra427

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I'm kind of on the fence about every team needing an enforcer.

I mean; I believe almost everyone should be able to stand up for themselvesand lay people out when the need arises.

And also to be able to stand up for each and every teammate, because that is what makes a teams strong. A team shouldn't need one particular guy for that.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Rinaldo overreacted and did so quickly but Girard should've stayed away. I have been entertained by Aves fans comments on the various videos. Crying foul with no sense of irony regarding their own teams history.
What is this ironic history that I can't think Of?? Moore is the obvious one I think of but he was an Av.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't see anything wrong with what Rinaldo did. Not a thing.

Girard was coming in to answer to the original hit and Rinaldo beat him to the punch. This is a man's game and Girard got ktfo for pretending to be a hero.
I can't agree with this. Girard thought he'd be able to safely send "a message" by lightly shoving Rinaldo and then quickly skating away like nothing happened. He took for granted that he wouldn't be punched if he snuck in just a little shove and then skated away without taking his hands of his stick or looking at Rinaldo at all. He didn't think he'd get his face smashed if hisnconfrontwtion was brief enough and harmless enough. It was a gross miscalculation and he got fed his lunch instead. Unfortunate for him.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
No less than.... but don’t quote me. There’s a list of infraction types and what the penalties are. Maybe mouser has it. But I expect he’ll get at least 10.

People have forgotten Rinaldo sat out the first 5 games this year for a suspension issued last year while he was with the Flyers.

15/16 Bruins, he didn't play in NHL in 16/17

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I can't agree with this. Girard thought he'd be able to safely send "a message" by lightly shoving Rinaldo and then quickly skating away like nothing happened. He took for granted that he wouldn't be punched if he snuck in just a little shove and then skated away without taking his hands of his stick or looking at Rinaldo at all. He didn't think he'd get his face smashed if hisnconfrontwtion was brief enough and harmless enough. It was a gross miscalculation and he got fed his lunch instead. Unfortunate for him.

If you want to pretend to be a hero, you shouldn't be surprised when someone punches you in the face for real. If you weren't going to get revenge for your teammate, you shouldn't have engaged.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If you want to pretend to be a hero, you shouldn't be surprised when someone punches you in the face for real. If you weren't going to get revenge for your teammate, you shouldn't have engaged.
Agreed. You must also agree that Rinaldo shouldn't punch players in the face that:
A) Aren't looking at him AND
B) Haven't dropped their gloves AND
C) Still have both hands on their stick

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Seeing forsberg, Sakic, Roy in person at America west is one of my fondest hockey memories.

Reactions: CC96

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I became a die-hard hockey fan in 1995 at the age of 10. So that Detroit/Colorado blood feud is forever etched into my mind. I can probably recite 90% of the Colorado roster off the top of my head. But none of that had anything to do with anything today.

Not directly, no but as my previous comment states I was referencing commentary of Rinaldo by Avalanche fans acting like they watched a monumental dirty play unfold. No season ending injury and no gloating by Rinaldo afterward.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Another day, another rough loss. That was pretty tough to watch after those goals just started pouring in. But I at least got entertainment out of those scraps before the Yotes folded completely.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad