GDT: Game 38: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 6PM - FSAZ+ - Rick Tocchet's NHL18 Edition

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Just a couple of points -

Perlini has not been helped by being on a line with Reider. Reider is the least creative and he typically dumps the puck in so we can forecheck.

In regards to calling a timeout - maybe back in the day that would be ok to call a timeout to stop the play and regroup, but without a timeout, you can't have a coach's challenge and to me that is more important.

Tough play in regards to Rinaldo - good clean hit, the Avs player came at him and he reacted - If you are going to go at someone - be prepared. He wasn't.
Rookie mistake. It is a shame cause we were playing pretty good at that point.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
Agreed. You must also agree that Rinaldo shouldn't punch players in the face that:
A) Aren't looking at him AND
B) Haven't dropped their gloves AND
C) Still have both hands on their stick

I'll agree that today's Nerf Hockey League will suspend him for exactly the reasons you list.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I'm surprised there's a debate on this one. Clean hit, but Rinaldo overreacted and punched a player in the face without waiting for gloves to drop. As far as I can remember, that's never been ok. So yeah, suspension is warranted.

Reactions: _Del_

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just a couple of points -

Perlini has not been helped by being on a line with Reider. Reider is the least creative and he typically dumps the puck in so we can forecheck.

In regards to calling a timeout - maybe back in the day that would be ok to call a timeout to stop the play and regroup, but without a timeout, you can't have a coach's challenge and to me that is more important.

Tough play in regards to Rinaldo - good clean hit, the Avs player came at him and he reacted - If you are going to go at someone - be prepared. He wasn't.
Rookie mistake. It is a shame cause we were playing pretty good at that point.
Three goals scored against in rapid succession and you would want to preserve a coach's challenge? Rather rigid thinking, IMO. It would have been more important to calm the team down and reset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad