Pre-Game Talk: Game 38 4/10 2:07 PM - THE BEAR returns to Grittyland - NESN, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
University of Maine men’s hockey coach Dennis ‘Red’ Gendron dies at 63 - The Boston Globe

University of Maine men’s hockey coach Dennis “Red” Gendron died Friday, the university said in a statement.
Gendron, who just completed his eighth season as head coach, experienced a medical condition while on a golf course, according to Bangor TV station WABI. He was 63.
“We are shocked and deeply saddened by Red’s sudden death,” said Maine president Joan Ferrini-Mundy. “He was a force in UMaine athletics and in the legacy of our men’s ice hockey program. We mourn his passing and remember his many contributions to the generations of players he mentored and to the program that lit up Black Bear Nation and the state of Maine.”

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
University of Maine men’s hockey coach Dennis ‘Red’ Gendron dies at 63 - The Boston Globe

University of Maine men’s hockey coach Dennis “Red” Gendron died Friday, the university said in a statement.
Gendron, who just completed his eighth season as head coach, experienced a medical condition while on a golf course, according to Bangor TV station WABI. He was 63.
“We are shocked and deeply saddened by Red’s sudden death,” said Maine president Joan Ferrini-Mundy. “He was a force in UMaine athletics and in the legacy of our men’s ice hockey program. We mourn his passing and remember his many contributions to the generations of players he mentored and to the program that lit up Black Bear Nation and the state of Maine.”
the Course was Penobscot Valley....

the Bangor Daily News has it front and center on their site.... and has a clip from Dan Roche at WBZ as Red had spent 6 years at UMASS after being a part of three seasons including the famed 42-1-2 team of 1992-93, which produced the likes of Dunham/Snow, the Kariya brothers....

Bangor Daily News - Maine news, sports, politics, and obituaries

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Swayman and Tralmaks, to a lesser extent were recruited by Red Gendron.... sadly, Dennis "Red" Gendron collapsed earlier this afternoon at a Bangor Golf Course and abruptly passed at the the age of 63.

Red was the one who had the Target reference that Swayman referenced in his player thread....

the team released a statement not long ago.... as did the University around 3 pm when that was announced....

in the last two hours the University and its fanbase is in stunned disbelief after WABI 5 broke the story.

That's sad news. Likely to affect Swayman quite a bit I would suppose. Depends how he handles it - possible it could actually be a motivator for him. Otherwise perhaps we will see Vladar after all, which is fine.

Reactions: bbfan419

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
2 p.m. start time? That's strange.

I like that they're going with Swayman. For the past several years it's been "Tuukka plays until he needs a break, or back-to-backs". Which is fine. But it's nice to see the coaching staff make a "just feels right" call for this young goalie.

Vladar has been very good, but Swayman seems to have some extra mojo.

Considering the ages of Rask and Halak, I think it would be foolish to trade either of these young goalies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I love Swayman so far, but it is weird to me that he is getting 3 straight starts when Halak never did. Is Vladar tweaked, or does the coach feel that much more comfortable with Swayman over Vladar?

I think it's a mistake to overlook Vladar the way Cassidy is doing . Stupid, dumb.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
True, but your going to need both, Cassidy is taking stupid to another level here.
Yeah I was surprised to see him in again. Maybe they’re trying to get Swayman all the games they can because they plan to send him back to Providence once either Halak or Rask are back. Keeping Vladar as backup until they’re both 100%.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I feel it's too early to see that based on the NHL games, but they have obviously been far more invested for far longer then I have. :)

Look , I have watched every game both of these guys have played this year. There has been little evidence to separate one form the other the way Cassidy is doing right now.

Vladar has been every bit as good as Swaywan has , it's stupid to prefer one over the other at this point. Look, I think Swayman has the higher upside but we haven't seen enough to determine that , to go all in on Swayman the way Cassidy is doing is self -serving and not in the interest of the Boston Bruins, shame on you Butch.

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I think it's a mistake to overlook Vladar the way Cassidy is doing . Stupid, dumb.
Big picture
Playoffs
Rask can't go
Halak, been there done that, no thanks
Swayman, small sample but held his own in enemy territory, 3 games in 6 days, didn't wear down, it's an option now

Reactions: Bodit9

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yeah I was surprised to see him in again. Maybe they’re trying to get Swayman all the games they can because they plan to send him back to Providence once either Halak or Rask are back. Keeping Vladar as backup until they’re both 100%.

You know which mangers separate themselves from the rest ? It's the ones that have the balls to disregard all the BS and do what's best for the team. Not the ones that are protecting their jobs, therefore throwing everyone they can under the bus. That's not what's happening here. FO needs to go, ENOUGH OF HESE GUYS LOOKING OUT WHAT'S BEST FOR THEM RATHER THAN THE TEAM . OUT,OUT,OUT.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Big picture
Playoffs
Rask can't go
Halak, been there done that, no thanks
Swayman, small sample but held his own in enemy territory, 3 games in 6 days, didn't wear down, it's an option now

Look, I think Swayman is the better G, but Vladar isn't miles behind. They will and should need both going forward. I think both are better options than the alternative check cashing stiffs. 100% convinced that a GM that is operating in the best interest of the Boston Bruins is shopping both Rask and especially Halak. When was the last time the Bruins cashed in on a UFA? Every GM worth his salt does this. Even the most inept among them. It's been a minute since Cinderella's Carriage is turning into a pumpkin, make a move before it does.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Look, I think Swayman is the better G, but Vladar isn't miles behind. They will and should need both going forward. I think both are better options than the alternative check cashing stiffs. 100% convinced that a GM that is operating in the best interest of the Boston Bruins is shopping both Rask and especially Halak. When was the last time the Bruins cashed in on a UFA? Every GM worth his salt does this. Even the most inept among them. It's been a minute since Cinderella's Carriage is turning into a pumpkin, make a move before it does.
why would they be shopped when both can go anywhere in July or whenever Free Agent Frenzy begins?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
They play Sunday so Vladar will play then.

So many back to backs this month so they will both play.

I don't understand the angst.

Well, I feel one shouldn't be preferred over the other at this point. We are at what I feel is a delicate transition . Giving one 3 starts in a row is showing bias , no? No reason not to alternate between the two. Sway can play on Sunday too, no?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Last time a Bruins GM sold a UFA,Was it Andrew Alberts?

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad