GDT: Game #38 - 01.04.15 - at Chicago - 7:00 PM - NBCSN - 570 AM KLIF

NukeJukes43

Yes Mr. June 2014 join date , like you really have the experience here to be acting like you know the history of how this board thinks one way or another.

Haha did you really just play the "I joined first" card?

Yes, Mr. condescending attitude, like you really have enough hockey knowledge to add to this discussion other than your join date. :handclap:

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Haha did you really just play the "I joined first" card?

Yes, Mr. condescending attitude, like you really have enough hockey knowledge to add to this discussion other than your join date. :handclap:

The point is that you haven't been here that long and are the one acting all condescending with your "kari lovers are at it again" nonsense. You haven't even been here a year. The Stars haven't even played half a season yet.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Some think that we have to be either an ultimate uber deluxe Kari hater or lover and saying anything positive or negative means you're either a lover or hater. Some actually try to look at it objectively and praise or defend him when it's felt to be deserved or criticize him when deserved.

I for one think he's played better lately and don't blame last night's loss on him, especially considering the B2B game factor.

Also at least one person has said that great goalies never let in bad goals at bad times. That's not true.

Brand New Stars

Also at least one person has said that great goalies never let in bad goals at bad times. That's not true.

Pretty positive the only thing close to that which was said is that great goalies don't give up goals like the one Kari did last night on a consistent basis, which is absolutely true.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Pretty positive the only thing close to that which was said is that great goalies don't give up goals like the one Kari did last night on a consistent basis, which is absolutely true.

Agree that's true but I made the comment because I think I read what I said I did. I'll go back and scan to see if I was wrong.

NukeJukes43

The point is that you haven't been here that long and are the one acting all condescending with your "kari lovers are at it again" nonsense. You haven't even been here a year. The Stars haven't even played half a season yet.

It's pathetic you're gonna argue with me about how long I've been here. How do you know I didn't have a different account? Or lurked before hand?

Anyway before you decided spewing out ******** I was saying there's no point to get butt hurt over what people say about Kari because he's not some elite goaltender that you'd like for him to be, he's been mediocre at best and is mostly likely on a small decline.

It happens.

So give it a rest, turbo.

Last edited by a moderator:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No need to be so confrontational and aggressive, guys/gals.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Regarding Kari, it's not giving up a single bad goal at the tail end of a back to back that ticks us off. I expected worse honestly before it started. It's the fact that it was another 3rd period trash goal that cost us 2 points, again.

I'm the first to say, while not a Kari fan, he played well enough on our streak for us to win. Usually not great but was making the huge saves later in the game when they matter most and we won largely because of it.

It's all about timing, a cheap first period goal is easier to over come like the 2 softies he gave up early against the Blues before he bounced back to help us win. It is mentally crushing to a team giving every ounce of energy they have to beat a top division team only to let junk cost them the lead. Did anyone see the disbelief from the players on the ice?

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
We are under appreciating the last few games by Oleksiak. Klingberg is awesome but Oleksiak looked really good throwing his size around. If he keeps it up we might have 3 good young defenders to be excited about once Nemeth gets back!

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I like things better when we're aiming our hate cannons at the fools on Facebook.

Everyone remember the gem who thought Benn would be a terrible Captain and was arrogant because he was quiet and during the announcement video to the team he was sitting in the back?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Trust me, it's hard to play as a goaltender when you're defense is pretty much made out of pylons.

They are better than last year... And the year before that... And before that...

Just want to clarify my stance on Kari. He's had an awful year, and probably the reason we have been not as goo this year is on Kari and his backups. But last night wasn't to blame on Kari. No it's on Ruff and his mates for putting him in there twice in a back-to-back despite all the data showing that it's an godawful idea. Which leads to a goalie giving up awful goals like the last one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad