GDT: Game 37: Winnipeg Jets vs Montreal Canadiens 4/8/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, TSN4, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
he actually play really well with romanov and have top Advanced stats vs other bottom pairing (atm best bottom pairing in the NHL),
but hey you gotta hate who you gotta hate.

Please don't show Mete's defensive on-ice results over large sample sizes

This is illegal

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
So far he's only had to take 2 defensive zone faceoffs and is -8 on ice high danger scoring chances for and against through 2 games. That's not all on him, but as the center he takes a brunt of the responsibility.

Staal has taken 7 defensive zone face-offs, he took 2 the first game. Regardless that high danger scoring chance stat is horrible through 2 games.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Even just with the eye test Romanov-Mete is just better than Kulak-Mete or Kulak-Romanov and Kulak plays much better with Petry. The best defensive pairings we can put out currently include Mete. It sucks that this is the best we have but it just is

According to that, Edmundson -- Weber is a bit better than Edmundson -- Petry too.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
he actually play really well with romanov and have top Advanced stats vs other bottom pairing (atm best bottom pairing in the NHL),
but hey you gotta hate who you gotta hate.

This confirms the eye test. They've been fun to watch the last few games. I think Romanov is starting to show more confidence with the puck now.

Mete is skating very well and limiting the brain farts.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Toffoli is slow and soft-ish, but I guess he can score on a dime for sure, love the player, hate the line he's on.
Tofolli is a terrific 2 way player. Too bad he’s for no real centre to set him up. He creates his own goals
Our Centres are not very good

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Drouin needs to play with Suzuki. The plan at the start of the season should have been to keep him with Suzuki because it worked in the playoffs and worked for most of the season, and then trade him for a top 4 dman in the offseason. I don't know why they are changing that. I think the talk about Drouin is exaggerated, but only 2 goals as an offensive player getting a shit ton of PP time and top linemates is pretty inexcusable.

Reactions: hn777

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
So far he's only had to take 2 defensive zone faceoffs and is -8 on ice high danger scoring chances for and against through 2 games. That's not all on him, but as the center he takes a brunt of the responsibility.
Drouin isn’t helping much.

Reactions: Runner77

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Our highest scoring centre, Suzuki is on pace for 54 pts in an 82 game season We can rip on Drouin forever but this is 100% Bergevins failure
Championship teams are built down the middle. 10 years and Bergevin still doesn’t get it

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd have Staal next to Suzuki and Anderson, Perry with Danault and Gally and KK back at center with Drouin and Toffoli.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
R0jEN2Z.jpg

t4ntL4z.jpg

NwZzz4V.jpg

Just have to say @donghabs98 you are truly the Warhol of GDT's, crisp, clean and instantly recognizable. Thank you, they are awesome!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Tofolli has 19 goal. Anderson has 13. Perry has 9
Our top 3 centres have 15 combined. This is the reason the habs are mediocre. Show me another playoff team who’s top 3 centres have 15 combined goals The centre position is terrible
The GK have 20 goals combined on their top 3 Cs
Washington has 25
WPG has 31
Mtl has 15

To be fair, very little team have a top C that has 3 goals. Replace him with even an average top C and were right around Vegas and Washington.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Our highest scoring centre, Suzuki is on pace for 54 pts in an 82 game season We can rip on Drouin forever but this is 100% Bergevins failure
Championship teams are built down the middle. 10 years and Bergevin still doesn’t get it
It was always meant to be a transition year, give it to the young Cs (20 and 21) and see where they can take you, out of the blue Bergevin decided his job was more important so Danault and Staal (one more goal than KK combined and 1 less than Suzuki while playing heavy minutes) took the mantle of 1 and 2 C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad