GDT: Game 37: New York Rangers vs Chicago Blackhawks, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It felt like they were waiting till the new year with Othmann to get his feet wet they did the same with Igor. So not that surprised he’s finally up. This isn’t an 18 year old kid. He’s 22 already he’s laf and Kakkos age. Time to go.

Frankly I think he plays the exact type of hockey we need to compliment our skill guys. Similar to Cuylle in wanting to get to the net get his nose dirty and shoot the puck but more talented although maybe not as good as skater or built like a freight train.

I think he’s going to be a great fit. Would be surprised if he doesn’t stick. Center to me with Chytil being a huge question mark is more the need at this point than wing. Wheeler has been ok lately. Kakko will be back and you’d hope he’s reset his season. He’s better than what he showed so far. And I think Othmann is ready to play at 22. Not a baby anymore.

I’m thinking Adam Henrique is the guy.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I guess the one positive is that we don't have to see Goodrow and Bonino together.

Though I'd rather see that with the 4th line getting 5 min or less 5v5.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Should be a good game for Shesty to bounce back. Chicago is worse than Anaheim, yeah that bad. lol.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Guess Lav is insisting to keep both Will and Othmann on the left. If he does that, there's really no way to make a competent line from those bottom 6 players.

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
One of Bonino or Goodrow ends up centering the line and I'm not thrilled with either of them, so it is what it is.

I would love to just put Cuylle, Othmann, and Vesey together but that doesn't make sense.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Othmann Brodz Kakko soon?

Bonino was tolerable to start the year. Now it's just blatantly obvious he's no longer a NHL talent. He's great at positioning..... but it doesn't override getting caved in to block shots and producing little to no offense

He needs to sit when Kakko is back

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Cuylle-Goodrow-Vesey should be a good line. Pitlick-Goodrow-Vesey was a decent line and Cuylle is much better than Pitlick.
I think so as well. Hardhat type of competent forecheck I hope.

Bonino was tolerable to start the year. Now it's just blatantly obvious he's no longer a NHL talent. He's great at positioning..... but it doesn't override getting caved in to block shots and producing little to no offense

Another month and a half to go

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Sitting a center after inserting a RW is a bold choice.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The lineup continues to look like a Del Zaster without Chytil and Kakko.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
It felt like they were waiting till the new year with Othmann to get his feet wet they did the same with Igor. So not that surprised he’s finally up. This isn’t an 18 year old kid. He’s 22 already he’s laf and Kakkos age. Time to go.

Frankly I think he plays the exact type of hockey we need to compliment our skill guys. Similar to Cuylle in wanting to get to the net get his nose dirty and shoot the puck but more talented although maybe not as good as skater or built like a freight train.

I think he’s going to be a great fit. Would be surprised if he doesn’t stick. Center to me with Chytil being a huge question mark is more the need at this point than wing. Wheeler has been ok lately. Kakko will be back and you’d hope he’s reset his season. He’s better than what he showed so far. And I think Othmann is ready to play at 22. Not a baby anymore.

I’m thinking Adam Henrique is the guy.
He turns 21 tomorrow.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I would do Brodz, Cuylle, Othmann.. Sure they won't connect on a single pass,but all 3 love to shoot and can probably do some decent forechecking

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

I don't think Bonino is coming out of the lineup at all. Just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00