TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
IMG_3777.jpeg

Ingram in goal…..

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Ew. I’ve been dreading this game since october 17th, the last time we played the islanders. That game was probably in my top 5 most boring hockey games I’ve ever watched in my life. Should be fun.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
What’s wrong with double shifting Cooley and/or Keller?

We’ve got 8D up now. Need to keep them rotating too.
The problem is, you're double shifting guys that are pretty cold offensively right now. Keller isn't scoring anything five on five and Cooley isn't doing anything productive.

The team needed to add some offensive production before Zucker got suspended, and now they're doubling down and playing Dermott and Sanford over Guenther, Doan, Smith, Jenik.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The problem is, you're double shifting guys that are pretty cold offensively right now. Keller isn't scoring anything five on five and Cooley isn't doing anything productive.

The team needed to add some offensive production before Zucker got suspended, and now they're doubling down and playing Dermott and Sanford over Guenther, Doan, Smith, Jenik.

Those guys are going to stay in the A all year if BA can help it..

BA is not going to change course over one guy getting a suspension.

If it were an injury that meant weeks yes. But three games is nothing.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
11 forwards counting guys like Liam O’Brien so really it’s 10. Also, what happens if someone gets injured or ejected from tonight’s game? Then we are even more short.

Ok we’re not calling up a big name prospect, but I’d still rather call up a “warm body” type like Keleman or McCartney than be concerned about someone like Josh Brown getting his reps. Then Tucson can have Keleman/McCartney back when Zucker returns next week.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
11 forwards counting guys like Liam O’Brien so really it’s 10. Also, what happens if someone gets injured or ejected from tonight’s game? Then we are even more short.

Ok we’re not calling up a big name prospect, but I’d still rather call up a “warm body” type like Keleman or McCartney than be concerned about someone like Josh Brown getting his reps. Then Tucson can have Keleman/McCartney back when Zucker returns next week.
Injury/ejection would be my only concern.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Personally I’d give someone like Guenther or Doan a quick look. A three game look-see will not hinder their development. Especially Guenther’s, having already played at this level. Plus either player would have the potential to provide something unlike yet another warm body type like Keleman or Kirkland or Sanford…

Reactions: moosemeister

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm all for Guenther paying his dues in Tucson, but I think he still deserves a few call-ups. He's been bounced around a lot and I think he deserves more "rewards" along the way.

Reactions: Nowotny

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Personally I’d give someone like Guenther or Doan a quick look. A three game look-see will not hinder their development. Especially Guenther’s, having already played at this level. Plus either player would have the potential to provide something unlike yet another warm body type like Keleman or Kirkland or Sanford…
That’s what came to my mind. Is there a waiver issue, or something?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
if they lose these three games without Zucker with the current roster, you fall out of a playoff spot. And that’s it.

If you lose the three games without Zucker but have Smith, Doan, or Guenther playing, you lose the playoff spot but you give a future core player a chance to show what they got in the big league.

Option two sounds so much better than playing a 7th defenseman who won’t be here in five months.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
if they lose these three games without Zucker with the current roster, you fall out of a playoff spot. And that’s it.

If you lose the three games without Zucker but have Smith, Doan, or Guenther playing, you lose the playoff spot but you give a future core player a chance to show what they got in the big league.

Option two sounds so much better than playing a 7th defenseman who won’t be here in five months.
We’re not even half way through the season.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
And? You don't think Edmonton is capable of keeping AZ out of a wildcard spot when they pass them next week?
Stop worrying.

We weren’t even expecting to be where we are now. I’d like nothing more than to see them have playoff games at Mullett just to watch HF and other places have a meltdown but gutting the plans for long term success for the sake of a couple of games isn’t practical IMO.

So am I have to start a GoFundMe to fly you to Rabbit’s place to calm you down or what??

KG

Sep 23, 2010
My father is currently in hospice and I grew up with him taking me to Coyotes games. He is a Chicago transplant that actually adopted the AZ teams instead of staying with his home state. He is resting peacefully and we will turn on this game tonight for him to listen to. May be the last game he hears. Hope they pull a win out for him. If not, he rooted for the Coyotes win or lose.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
My father is currently in hospice and I grew up with him taking me to Coyotes games. He is a Chicago transplant that actually adopted the AZ teams instead of staying with his home state. He is resting peacefully and we will turn on this game tonight for him to listen to. May be the last game he hears. Hope they pull a win out for him. If not, he rooted for the Coyotes win or lose.
Ahhh damn. So sorry to hear that.

Let's hope the Yotes make him proud tonight.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The Islanders play the worst style for how our team likes to play. I'm expecting a close 1-goal game until the end when we give up an EN goal. This will be one boring game unless we can break that neutral zone 1-3-1 zone.

If we can get it into their end then we will be fine, otherwise, it will be rough sledding breaking that zone.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Sanford has been better than I expected....and better than any other 12th forward callup they've tried.

Maybe he'll get a goal tonight if Keller is double shifted with him.

Hopefully we see Liam in Liam O'Selke mode tonight.

We can play any style of game.....including the "worst".

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00