GDT: [Game #37] Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I'm not worried about Colorado or Vegas. Both great teams, but so are we. We've outplayed Colorado in majority of the games, just made some costly mistakes.

Even with Wedge, we were the better team last night. My only concern right now is Heiskanen's health
Not to mention, 3 of those 5 games ended past 60 minutes. Importantly I don’t think the Stars ever look outmatched in those loses aside from that 7-0 ass kicking against Vegas.

I believe someone also mentioned we had beaten Vegas in the season series last season and look what happened.

I don’t think it’s worth putting any stock in season series’ when it comes to playoffs.

Last night was frustrating but Stars are playing their backup and were down their top Dman. It’s unfortunate they couldn’t secure the win but at the end of the day, the Avs won on a couple fluke goals, and a lazy play at the end of a shift in OT.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Man, I remember all the fan rage when Robo and Otter weren't given 8 year deals...starting to look like a good plan now, isn't it? Just like I remember fans being pissed Klingberg wasn't given a blank check and signed for whatever he wanted because he's too important for the team to lose.

If I'm GM, nobody gets a deal longer than 4 years, unless they've been incredibly good for multiple seasons (at least three), and I'm going to lose them to UFA if I don't.

I believe someone also mentioned we had beaten Vegas in the season series last season and look what happened.
That was me, and it's true, regular season success (or lack thereof) against a team doesn't mean a damn thing in the playoffs.

Reactions: MBTendy

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Reminder to you all you weirdos

JRob still PPG, the fact that he has so many secondary assists usually means his passing is smart.

If you can't brawl (because concussions are bad), you skate and score and fake looking good because it is an ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS

No one wants to play defense during the regular season anymore, and we complained about 1-0 snoozefests against trapping teams for how long?

Yes, team defense wins championships but high flying shootout type games keep eyes on TVs.

I think we should be worried if the team is unable to play a cohesive team defense after losing the 1G and 1D for an extended period. Don't get me wrong, I think the team sorely needs a better option on the backend to fill Miro's shoes for the 35 minutes he's not on the ice, but apparently some beancounters think its better to get some shiny high skill veterans to sell jerseys and draw fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad