GDT: [Game #37] Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #37 – 1/4/2024 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Colorado Avalanche
22-10-4, 48 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 24-11-3, 51 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

zAwV57k.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

Colorado Avalanche

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Wood - Johansen - Nichushkin
Meyer - Colton - O’Connor
Cogliano - Olofsson - Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - Johnson

Georgiev

2fmwd0w.png

Happy anniversary!

Last edited:

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Oof. Given how they played vs Montreal, I am NOT looking forward to this one, lol.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's too easy to expect negative things out of this one so I won't mention much. I'm expecting the score to be pretty ugly is all I'll say, and that's just after 1 period. I think we are about to enter a losing stretch of hockey where we will desperately miss Oettinger and his rebound control. Wedgewood has been good enough so far but we will need better than that tonight

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
i swear some of yall act like this team is in the bottom third of the league. can't imagine that life of misery where the only acceptable thing is for your team to dominate every night or else they suck.

WJ scores again, stars win.

Reactions: Satan and MBTendy

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
i swear some of yall act like this team is in the bottom third of the league. can't imagine that life of misery where the only acceptable thing is for your team to dominate every night or else they suck.

WJ scores again, stars win.
It's probably because outside of a handful of games, the Stars haven't done well against any team with a pulse this season

Colorado 5
Stars 1

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’m feeling a big game from Dutch tonight

Maybe Mush too

Pavelski is my guess for someone who scores for the Stars, assuming we score some goals tonight he would have at least one you'd suspect given he's been an Avs killer in his career.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Colorado aren't playing that hot.

Fell over the line to win in OT vs Islanders at home.

Beat the sharks late on NYE.

Confident the boys will want that November game back and get a win

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Hoping for a fun game tonight and expect Pavelski to again feed on the Avs.

I might be able to convince the team to let you win if we can leave RyJo with you when we leave :naughty:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Bet365 has the Avs as underdogs, so I had to throw money on them.

I'm worried about Wedgewood, but this game could go either way

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Can anyone explain to me why Otter has never been placed on IR? This "out" business is killing my fantasy team, carrying him without being able to pick up a replacement.

It's not good for the Stars either :D

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can anyone explain to me why Otter has never been placed on IR? This "out" business is killing my fantasy team, carrying him without being able to pick up a replacement.

It's not good for the Stars either :D

IR would just open up a roster spot, which doesn't provide any help for Dallas. We already had a spare spot.

LTIR would give us the temporary cap relief, but it also has ramifications for cap all season long.

LTIR also means he has to miss a certain number of games (I wanna say 21, but I don't know off the top of my head), and I would imagine that the Stars knew he wasn't going to be injured for quite that long.

Reactions: piqued

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I looked it up. LTIR means a player has to miss 24 consecutive days and/or 10 consecutive games. So he could've gone on LTIR, but there's really nothing gained from doing so.

The cap ramifications are very complicated and not really worth getting into here. If you want to read into it, this is a good resource:

LTIR is typically only gonna be used for seriously long-term injuries (2-3+ months) that last through the end of the season.

Reactions: Elysian

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I looked it up. LTIR means a player has to miss 24 consecutive days and/or 10 consecutive games. So he could've gone on LTIR, but there's really nothing gained from doing so.

The cap ramifications are very complicated and not really worth getting into here. If you want to read into it, this is a good resource:

LTIR is typically only gonna be used for seriously long-term injuries (2-3+ months) that last through the end of the season.
Well I do think that the Stars should have been thinking of my fantasy team though, that was the priority :D.
But seriously thanks for the info, I get it now.

• Haha
Reactions: Johno and LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad