GDT: Game 37: Columbus at Colorado | 1/4 8PM EST

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Good win! Important two points. MacBackup was impressive. David Savard, GWG, my hero. Dallas are next on the road.
All with win!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Big win after the loss in PHX, oops, ARZ....

Savard had the winning goal in this game but he also was directly involved in giving up three goals too... The dude is average at best and not much more, he needs to smarten up a bit in the future...

Anyway, the CBJ are .500 in a much better Metro than last year.... gotta win almost every game from here on....

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I think he looked pretty shaky tonight. Yeah he made some great saves, but they were REALLY awkward. He was fighting the puck most of the night and sliding around a lot creating a bunch of second chances.

Not saying he had a bad game, just every time the puck is put on net I hold my breath. I don't know if it's his style or what.

I agree, he made some nice saves but had me worried a lot more than he did against Boston.

Agree with the two of you. McE is capable of better - the NAS game before December and the Boston game come to mind. Last night was not one of his better games. He mixed in enough good saves with posts to be just good enough for the night - which is fine, I don't expect Bob when he's in net. At this point, McE is what he is and I've learned to lower my expectations when he's in net and hope the boys play well enough in front of him to score 3-4 of their own to make up for whatever gets by.

BTW, though it was a D screw up on goal 2, I still expect a better effort from my goalie there. Goal one is obviously on Savard and goal 3 is a fluke that I'm not sure anything could be done about by Savard or McE.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Agree with the two of you. McE is capable of better - the NAS game before December and the Boston game come to mind. Last night was not one of his better games. He mixed in enough good saves with posts to be just good enough for the night - which is fine, I don't expect Bob when he's in net. At this point, McE is what he is and I've learned to lower my expectations when he's in net and hope the boys play well enough in front of him to score 3-4 of their own to make up for whatever gets by.

BTW, though it was a D screw up on goal 2, I still expect a better effort from my goalie there. Goal one is obviously on Savard and goal 3 is a fluke that I'm not sure anything could be done about by Savard or McE.

Mac is better than his 6 defeats early in the season... That said, he's an average goalie that needs some defense to do well.. When goalies are flinging and flying all over the ice to make a save that's not good..

Good defense with an average goalie is ok, or, a great goalie with an average defense is ok too... but a poor defense with an average goalie will lose every time Wooten...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad