GDT: Game #37: at Anaheim, 4/05 (9:00 PM, Fox Sports Southwest Plus, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

beardedgraf

Nov 4, 2008
Dallas
Well if we had to win a game I am glad it was against the Ducks at home especially after these couple games. I really liked Chiasson's game as did everyone else I am sure. Didn't notice Fraser too much though. There was one shift where Benn went hard to the net multiple times with the puck, that was exciting to see and Goligoski with a few hits was a new sight for me.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I'm getting a little concerned that Fraser is in fact just an AHL player. Maybe he still has room to grow, but his defense is no where near good enough.

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx
I like Benn at wing more than I do at center, idk. Really hoping we don't get out of top 10 in drafting, though. If we get 8-10 I think we can trade up to 5-7 MAYBE 4 if we pay hard for it.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I like Benn at wing more than I do at center, idk. Really hoping we don't get out of top 10 in drafting, though. If we get 8-10 I think we can trade up to 5-7 MAYBE 4 if we pay hard for it.

I'm contributing this win to playing the ducks 3 times in a row. Something was bound to work. I think we'll fare worse against new teams!!!

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010

I asked that question to Bruce and Ali, they said that don't be surprised for there to be many more centers on the market due to compliance buyouts and trade to get under the cap. But yeah, we'd need at least a number 1 center and another top 6 winger to move Jamie off the center position I think.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Chiasson's celebration made my night.
Can't help but smile going back and watching it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Missed this game last night so I'm gonna watch it later.. Sounds like a hard effort from the youngins

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It's certainly going to be interesting to see if the team will have the same energy and chemistry in tomorrows game :)

Hope not. This franchise needs a franchise prospect like McKinnon, Jones, Drouin or Barkov more than we need a playoff appearance this year. Last time we had a franchise prospect was Modano and we weren't even Dallas yet.

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Hope not. This franchise needs a franchise prospect like McKinnon, Jones, Drouin or Barkov more than we need a playoff appearance this year. Last time we had a franchise prospect was Modano and we weren't even Dallas yet.

Igininla?

aloonda*

bull

They need to learn how to compete.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
bull

11 remaining games isn't going to teach them that. 6 years of one of those players would make a huge difference.

Playing the kids now is good for them to get a taste but don't oversell what these final games are when players may begin to mail it in.

aloonda*

11 remaining games isn't going to teach them that. 6 years of one of those players would make a huge difference.

Playing the kids now is good for them to get a taste but don't oversell what these final games are when players may begin to mail it in.

It can teach them to suck if they go at it as such.

Winning and losing are cultures. No draft pick is worth breeding a culture of sucking.
Compete!

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
bull

#2, please.

Detroit hasn't picked in the top 5 since 1990: their first picks since then have come at 49, 35, 21, 32, 30, 27, 41, 19, 97, 64, 58, 62, 29, 120, 25, 49, 26, 26, 23, 22, 22 and 10. A lot of different factors have contributed to that, but tanking and fostering a losing culture isn't one of them.

GMJN has been fighting with one hand tied behind his back financially the last few years, but has made some shrewd signings and trades ... spend to the cap (basically add two Parise-and-Suter sized free agents) and this thing goes a LONG way towards being legit contenders.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
#2, please.

Detroit hasn't picked in the top 5 since 1990: their first picks since then have come at 49, 35, 21, 32, 30, 27, 41, 19, 97, 64, 58, 62, 29, 120, 25, 49, 26, 26, 23, 22, 22 and 10. A lot of different factors have contributed to that, but tanking and fostering a losing culture isn't one of them.

GMJN has been fighting with one hand tied behind his back financially the last few years, but has made some shrewd signings and trades ... spend to the cap (basically add two Parise-and-Suter sized free agents) and this thing goes a LONG way towards being legit contenders.

Detroit is a terrible comparison. The way they built their team was more luck than anything.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Gee three future hall of famers and a several great players during that span. There's no comparison between Detroit and Dallas. I can't believe anyone thinks the final games of this season are some magical means to teach all these players all of a sudden how to win or create some amazing culture that's going to affect this franchise more than actually drafting a franchise player.

Get rid of the terrible coach and questionable staff will do more to help than miraculously winning our final 11 games, which isn't going to happen anyway. Had Getzlaf played they'd have run us out the building in the first before the team ever found it's footing.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Detroit's success wasn't luck but since we don't have their scouting staff I don't see the harm in having a top 5 pick. The culture of winning is fine in Chicago and they blew for a long time. This team already has a culture of losing - are you people blind? Adding a competitive talented kid ready to possibly contribute next year is not a bad thing. I don't know how many times some of you have to see the same re-run episode before you realize that status quo blows and we need a new tactic. This team has been trying to win for the last four years.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Gee three future hall of famers and a several great players during that span. There's no comparison between Detroit and Dallas. I can't believe anyone thinks the final games of this season are some magical means to teach all these players all of a sudden how to win or create some amazing culture that's going to affect this franchise more than actually drafting a franchise player.

Get rid of the terrible coach and questionable staff will do more to help than miraculously winning our final 11 games, which isn't going to happen anyway. Had Getzlaf played they'd have run us out the building in the first before the team ever found it's footing.

And boom goes the dynamite. Truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 2