GDT: Game 36: Seattle Kraken(19-12-4) @ Edmonton Oilers - 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After finally being able to stop the bleeding with a 4-1 win against the New York Islanders the Kraken are on the road for their first of seven straight away from home.

This one will be a test given that it will be against the Edmonton Oilers who absolutely ran over the Kraken just a couple of days ago.
And this time around, the Oilers will actually have their other star in Leon Draisaitl available as well.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
DIALOGRogersPlace4-copy.jpg

When?
06:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 pm. ET / 3:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, SN1
-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Start well, keep defensive inensity while playing smart

The Kraken got smoked by the Oilers last week thanks to starting poorly and being done about five minutes into the game.
In order to have any chance the Kraken need to stop taking penalties against a historically great power play that will have the services of Leon Draisaitl for this one as well.
They'll also need to be able to control what's happening in front of goal and don't let the Oilers forwards alone in front of goal.

2) Penalty Kill, yeah, still....
giphy.gif

3) Hello there, top six, anyone???
Right now the Kraken offense is being mostly created by their fourth line with Daniel Sprong and Ryan Donato scoring at a pace that you hardly see on the 4th line.
In order to have a shot(not just in this one) they'll need their top six to finally get out of their funk and start providing offense again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 10(G) - 18(A) ---> 28 points
Jordan Eberle: 8(G) - 19(A) ---> 27 points
Matty Beniers: 11(G) - 14(A) ---> 25 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 23:59 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:41 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:12 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Martin Jones: 15-5-3 / .888(SV%) / 2.96 GAA
Philipp Grubauer: 3-7-1 / .881(SV%) / 3.53 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 1-0-0 / .900(SV%) / 4.00 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Conor McDavid: 32(G) - 40(A) ---> 72 points
Leon Draisaitl: 21(G) - 36(A) ---> 57 points
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: 18(G) - 27(A) ---> 45 points

Work Load:
Darnell Nurse: 23:54 TOI/Game
Connor McDavid: 22:45 TOI/Game
Leon Draisaitl: 22:14 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Stuart Skinner: 11-9-1 / .917(SV%) / 2.78 GAA
Jack Campbell: 8-7-1 / .876(SV%) / 3.90 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

Let's see how this one will go.

The Kraken certainly want to get revenge for that 7-2 loss last Friday while the Oilers have ben better of late and certainly gained confidence from that win.

No matter what the team needs play a smart game tonight in order not to get steamrolled by a more talented team once again.
In order for that they need to stay out of the box and taking the lead at the start of the game would also be nice.

Anyways, let's see what the team can do and as always....
giphy.gif

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A game where there should be no shortage of motivation for the Kraken. Two straight humiliations is not acceptable.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Would of liked to see Larsson put his body more on the line right there but maybe I’m wrong with that thinking.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
The kraken need to get tougher mentally. They are becoming Fragile again which is not what we want. Hakstol needs to send out a line right after a goal that hits mixes it up and won't give up another goal just like that

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
13 minutes of passionless hockey followed by a power play giving Edmonton a lot of pep and a one goal lead. I would be nice if a Kraken player would check an Oiler like he means it,. Dull competence is getting us nowhere.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
A game where there should be no shortage of motivation for the Kraken. Two straight humiliations is not acceptable.
2 straight? Not to the Oilers. You mean if the Kraken lose by a wide margin...I see Ok

Our PK is dreadful. We need some big forwards that can handle the Defensive aspects by sacrificing their bodies. Easier said than done I guess

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Another early goal killer.

McDavid just plays at a different speed than our guys on that play.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Matty gets the slowest goal he will score all year. They can't be all pretty.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
How did Jay Woodcroft get voted the NHL’s best looking coach? I know things like this are entirely subjective, but to me he looks he could be mentoring some teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad