GDT: Game 36 | Penguins @ Hurricanes | 12.22 7PM EST | Let It Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Murray. He's back as No.1 on the team.

No. I'd go DeSmith. He's been elite.

15 of his 20 starts have been quality starts. That's really really good. I don't see a reason to go back to Murray until DeSmith starts slowing.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
5 goals and 6 assists for Staal in 28 games. I had such high hopes for that guy.

He's playing very well actually. Just no luck going his way. Shooting 6.5%. He's always getting the toughest assignments and playing selke Defense with subpar linemates.

Staal is crushing it possession wise and in the Faceoff Circle. Just a matter of time before his Points go up.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The fact that Murray got the start in Washington already cements that he's going to start taking over the main starting duties, i think.

I need to see a lot more than 2 games from Murr, because DeSmith's numbers are essentially the same as Rinne and Gibson right now. He's been elite as somebody else said and I posted yesterday. Until CDS falters he's earned the right to start more than he doesn't IMO.

Now, the playoffs are a different story. Murray's been there, done that. But right now, CDS is playing like a Vezina quality goalie. I think it sends a bad message to sit him most nights at this point.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Riikola has a 94.8 OiSV%

Good things happen when He's on the Ice.

Pettersson has the best at 95.8%

Best forward....ZAR at 94.7%

ZAR for Selke.

Malkin at 88.7%. That's horrible.

Reactions: pensfan71

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Murray is the starter and two time cup winner. He should get the start.

As good as DeSmith has been, Murray is the future still.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Before the Anaheim game Sully said something along the lines that both goalies would be used a good bit before the break.

That would indicate

CDS Anaheim Wild
Murray Caps Canes

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
He's playing very well actually. Just no luck going his way. Shooting 6.5%. He's always getting the toughest assignments and playing selke Defense with subpar linemates.

Staal is crushing it possession wise and in the Faceoff Circle. Just a matter of time before his Points go up.
That's good to hear. Always liked the guy as my username evinces.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd be interested to see what the most heated division is in the NHL. Every time I watch a metro divisional game, there is some serious hate on the ice. I don't feel that same thing exists in the Atlantic as much. The Central is definitely developing that on the western side. Pacific... meh. I don't know. Anaheim and St Louis can be dick teams to play against.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think the Canes lead the NHL in shots. So..for that reason I'd stick with CDS, He's used to seeing tons of shots.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Going through the Hurricanes shot Log is ridiculous.

Averaging 37 shots a game.

Three 50 shot games
Seventeen 39+ shot games

Reactions: pensfan71

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'd be interested to see what the most heated division is in the NHL. Every time I watch a metro divisional game, there is some serious hate on the ice. I don't feel that same thing exists in the Atlantic as much. The Central is definitely developing that on the western side. Pacific... meh. I don't know. Anaheim and St Louis can be dick teams to play against.

Pacific definitely has that. LA, San Jose and Anaheim all hate each other. Calgary Edmonton and Vancouver all hate each other. Calgary and Anaheim have a rilvary. LA and Vancouver do as well.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Is it really though..

images

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We've only had one winning streak this season of three games or more, hopefully after tonight we'll double that. Going into the Christmas break winning five of six would be a good place to be considering the season thus far.

Reactions: Dovahkiin

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
DeSmith and Murray have alternated starts for the last few games, right? I'd be fine with platooning them until the playoffs, unless one of them falters. Nothing bad about having two goalies playing well at the same time.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
DeSmith and Murray have alternated starts for the last few games, right? I'd be fine with platooning them until the playoffs, unless one of them falters. Nothing bad about having two goalies playing well at the same time.

I’m sure they come up with a goalie schedule for certain time frames.

Not sure how often they do it. Monthly maybe? Then reasses based on form.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Hopefully tonight won't be a trap game. The Canes have struggled but they will be playing at home in what will probably be at or near the top of their season attendance. Last game before the holiday break, Pens will need to play a good game to get 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad