GDT: Game #36: Panthers vs Coyotes- 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
No doubt Zucker deserved to be suspended...and next time, rather than 'ease' up on Cousins, just crush him and get your monies worth. When players cross the line and the 'refs' won't police correctly by calling a penalty, the players have to police themselves so Zucker absolutely should have boarded Cousins.

Next time, just get your monies worth...maybe if Cousins misses a few games with an injury (ala Concussion), maybe he'll learn a lesson and not hit a player in the head when he's down on his knees.

In the past our team wouldn't have done a thing, I'll take this response all day long...we're not taking shit from anyone...love it.
the NHL video from the “dept of player safety” or whatever the bs name is mentioned cousins “was injured by the hit”. Really? Didnt he return to the game? geez.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I’m actually surprised the nhl didn’t take away our 1st rounder with this suspension too
I have made my peace with there being no justice in the NHL world but there does seem to be something different in the NHL approach to the Coyotes. Never in the history of sport has a league done more damage to a franchise for so little than that 1st & 2nd round forfeiture.

I know it is not perfectly equivalent but...Travis Boyd beat Josh Manson pretty good so rather then letting him pass, Manson checks him in the numbers into the wall and destroys Boyd's season. Zucker's was more obviously, intentional and easy to surmise the motivation was revenge/sticking up for a teammate but whether you are boarding for revenge or boarding because you are lazy or slow or whatever...seems like there should be consequences especially when a guy loses a season for it.

Anyway, maybe not a perfect example and probably every fan feels this way about their team but have always felt the NHLs random wheel of justice falls heavier on the Coyotes than other teams.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
As serious as the Leafs inability to play in the playoffs and manage their team, I'd say.

Yeah, that too.
Not sure what the Leafs have to do with this but if you want to see a shoulder to shoulder check with a 5 minute major check out McMann hit from last night. Zucker hit straight in the number, thats not even up for debate.

I have made my peace with there being no justice in the NHL world but there does seem to be something different in the NHL approach to the Coyotes. Never in the history of sport has a league done more damage to a franchise for so little than that 1st & 2nd round forfeiture.

I know it is not perfectly equivalent but...Travis Boyd beat Josh Manson pretty good so rather then letting him pass, Manson checks him in the numbers into the wall and destroys Boyd's season. Zucker's was more obviously, intentional and easy to surmise the motivation was revenge/sticking up for a teammate but whether you are boarding for revenge or boarding because you are lazy or slow or whatever...seems like there should be consequences especially when a guy loses a season for it.

Anyway, maybe not a perfect example and probably every fan feels this way about their team but have always felt the NHLs random wheel of justice falls heavier on the Coyotes than other teams.
I think you have to consider whether it's a hockey play gone wrong or just a really dumb play. Zucker was not a hockey play in any way.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Err... wrong thread!
I guess that's why your TheLegend!
IMG_3781.gif

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I didn't ask a question, rather stated the obvious. You think everything is stupid except your asshat's posts.
I looked back and by God, you're correct! Let this go down in the annals of time..... Jakey was correct!

Regardless, you are still wrong with your statement because "we" would include me and I would not be calling for a five game. However, I'd add that the analogy of Keller in place of Cousins is absurd and could at least understand some clamoring for a five game in a such ridiculous scenario as that. where a highly skilled player (who doesn't take cheap shots) is boarded unwittingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prarievarg

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You folks should look up HNIC 1st intermission tonight with Bieksa. Good piece on Cousins

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The NHL could use a "persistent infringement " type rule to deal with idiots like Cousins who is the common denominator when poop has gone stupid this season. Just look at a few situations and maybe try to figure out why Zucker went off his meds for a few seconds , then deal with the root cause rather than the symptoms.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The NHL could use a "persistent infringement " type rule to deal with idiots like Cousins who is the common denominator when poop has gone stupid this season. Just look at a few situations and maybe try to figure out why Zucker went off his meds for a few seconds , then deal with the root cause rather than the symptoms.
I wish Zucker would have dropped his gloves and pounded Cousins instead of that stupid hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad