GDT: Game 36: New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, MSG (Please Read Mod note, Post#40)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5294.png

IMG_5088.pngIMG_5088.pngIMG_5088.pngIMG_5088.pngIMG_5088.pngIMG_5088.png

IMG_5296.pngIMG_5296.pngIMG_5296.pngIMG_5296.pngIMG_5296.pngIMG_5296.png

New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes

7pm ET, MSG
IMG_5298.jpeg

IMG_5297.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif
IMG_5296.png

Hurricanes Projected Line up

Andrei Svechnikov -- Sebastian Aho -- Teuvo Teravainen
Stefan Noesen -- Jesperi Kotkaniemi -- Martin Necas
Jordan Martinook -- Jordan Staal -- Seth Jarvis
Michael Bunting -- Jack Drury -- Brendan Lemieux

Jaccob Slavin -- Brent Burns
Brady Skjei -- Brett Pesce
Dmitry Orlov -- Jalen Chatfield

Pyotr Kochetkov
Antti Raanta

Scratched:
Tony DeAngelo
Injured: Frederik Andersen (blood clot), Jesper Fast (upper body)

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Blake Wheeler
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Nick Bonino -- Jonny Brodzinski
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Tyler Pitlick

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Erik Gustafsson -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Zac Jones
Injured: Kaapo Kakko (lower body), Filip Chytil (upper body)

IMG_4565.gif

IMG_4627.gif

IMG_4561.jpeg

Last edited:

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
This team knows we've had their number since that series. Honestly, since that Georgy shutout.

Get ummmmm

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I predict Aho will chicken out if/when hes challenged and Rod the Bod will complain about every call.

The Rangers always operate as if getting the win is more important than payback, which is probably the right call. Id like to see them be the bully against a team of fake tough guys though. Should be a good game either way.

One a sidenote, the Canes lost a lot of their moxie when they let Trocheck walk over here. He was their best player in a lot of games we played against them over the years. They are the test case for the Ranger fans who wanted to give Stastny a contract instead. Theyve only gotten worse.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Expecting this to be bowling shoe ugly. This Hurricanes squad are the all-time leaders in "analytics say they should be the GOAT" and then, just, blehh.

Also, I doubt anything happens with Aho because Aho didn't do anything. He wasn't even looking at Fox and they just ran into each other. Sorry, but somebody had to say it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I predict Aho will chicken out if/when hes challenged and Rod the Bod will complain about every call.

The Rangers always operate as if getting the win is more important than payback, which is probably the right call. Id like to see them be the bully against a team of fake tough guys though. Should be a good game either way.

One a sidenote, the Canes lost a lot of their moxie when they let Trocheck walk over here. He was their best player in a lot of games we played against them over the years. They are the test case for the Ranger fans who wanted to give Stastny a contract instead. Theyve only gotten worse.
At the time, I wanted Stastny but when we signed Trocheck I was like "this is good too."

My whole thing was, I wasn't actually convinced they were walking away from Strome until they did.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
At the time, I wanted Stastny but when we signed Trocheck I was like "this is good too."

My whole thing was, I wasn't actually convinced they were walking away from Strome until they did.

It's ancient history now but Stastny was clearly cooked even before that summer. And management had the foresight to know that as talented as Chytil is, he can't be fully relied upon until he's past these head injuries. And even the biggest Trocheck fans have to be thrilled with what theyve gotten out of him so far. Need 2022 Trocheck in these playoffs

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Expecting this to be bowling shoe ugly. This Hurricanes squad are the all-time leaders in "analytics say they should be the GOAT" and then, just, blehh.

Also, I doubt anything happens with Aho because Aho didn't do anything. He wasn't even looking at Fox and they just ran into each other. Sorry, but somebody had to say it.
Yeah, from what I remember it was a "non thing", it's just that it was our "Foxy" that got injured. Many thought we were so screwed and our season was over. We got better! If Fox thought/thinks for one minute it was intentional, then I want HIM to go after Aho. It's not like one is a heavyweight, a so called mismatch and Troubs wouldn't even lower himself into taking care of business with him. I want Troubs to go after Svechnikov, that dirty S.O.B.
I think Tro is just giving professional "hockey speak", no need to light a fire. Looking up at the plus/minus with Tro a plus 6, that is NO accident. He has deserved every plus there and it probably should be better.
As great a season Breadman is having, Tro is a very close 2nd. and yeah like @McRanger92 stated the Canes lost a great deal of their toughness, losing Tro. IMO

Reactions: RangersFan1994

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Aho knew what he was doing. All these players do. The king is our pal Tom Wilson and his "What? Me?" face

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

/r/unpopularopinion

Bold. Bold I say. Aho is a rat. You might be right but that doesn’t change the fact that that guy is a dirtbag.

I do prefer they just win the game though.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

Oh come now -- whenever a Ranger player is injured, someone on the other team has always done something -- even if they were on another continent.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Aho hit was the most accidentally on purpose thing I've ever seen.

Hes a coward but build up a big enough lead where you no longer care about penalties and then don't give him the option.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
/r/unpopularopinion

Bold. Bold I say. Aho is a rat. You might be right but that doesn’t change the fact that that guy is a dirtbag.

I do prefer they just win the game though.
I mean, if you wanna beat him up just because he's ugly and plays for the Hurricanes, I'm very here for that.

Reactions: Synergy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille