GDT: Game 36: Jets @ Coyotes - 7PM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's funny reading the opponents GDT. Lot of *****ing and complain about diving. All the while Ehlers went down like sack of **** in a small dust storm.

See ya Jets

Almost nobody would defend our two knuckle headed broadcasters. But having watched a ton of Canadian feeds the last 4 days or so they do it through a false lens of objectivity. So much worse.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Well that was fun. At least one of the teams I was pulling for won.

#StupidSabres.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Didn't watch after the first period, because I'm already drunk at a friend's New Year's party. Happy for captain Eternal Youth though. Glad OEL forgot how to hit the post too. How many game winners is that, over the last two seasons now?

If he could just avoid the post a little more, he'd probably break Bobby Orr's record for goals by a defenseman, in a single season. :laugh:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Almost nobody would defend our two knuckle headed broadcasters. But having watched a ton of Canadian feeds the last 4 days or so they do it through a false lens of objectivity. So much worse.

I'd trade Nash for just about anyone. McConnell isn't terrible, but Nash is so miserable and nauseating to listen too. You would think the guy had a 20 year career playing opposite of Doan the way he talks.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
If he could just avoid the post a little more, he'd probably break Bobby Orr's record for goals by a defenseman, in a single season. :laugh:
Paul Coffey has the record -- 48 -- and Oliver beating 1980-something Paul Coffey on this team in 2016 would require absolute, for real, no question about it divine intervention. Like, God reveals himself at Oceanside and announces he's a Coyotes fan, and dispatches an actual angel to loiter in the neutral zone.

Furthermore, it'll also require the NHL rule that the angel doesn't count as a Coyotes player, because Tipp would never let the angel drift around in the neutral zone for all 60 minutes.

Ahh ... 2015 ... you mostly sucked, but things are trending up and you ended pretty OK.

Have a fun, safe night, y'all. Takes 188 bolts to assemble a 2014 Ford Taurus and 1 nut to wreck one. Push it up down there at Westgate, but call Uber after!

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Paul Coffey has the record -- 48 -- and Oliver beating 1980-something Paul Coffey on this team in 2016 would require absolute, for real, no question about it divine intervention. Like, God reveals himself at Oceanside and announces he's a Coyotes fan, and dispatches an actual angel to loiter in the neutral zone.

Furthermore, it'll also require the NHL rule that the angel doesn't count as a Coyotes player, because Tipp would never let the angel drift around in the neutral zone for all 60 minutes.

Ahh ... 2015 ... you mostly sucked, but things are trending up and you ended pretty OK.

Have a fun, safe night, y'all. Takes 188 bolts to assemble a 2014 Ford Taurus and 1 nut to wreck one. Push it up down there at Westgate, but call Uber after!

Agree about Tippett and the angel, ck, but in all fairness, I was half kidding, and I'm really drunk right now.

I thought the wpg broadcasters said 17, which would now be 18.

Holy ****!

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Agree about Tippett and the angel, ck, but in all fairness, I was half kidding, and I'm really drunk right now.
Figured as much when you were talking about Bobby Prr.

Put down your phone and go find someone pretty to spend the evening with.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Thanks. Now please take all the Winnipeg banners out of our arena pls. They belong to you guys, not us. Not sure why we don't just give you all that history. Doesn't make sense to keep it here.

The banners remain here because Winnipeg doesn't have the class to honor players who played for the Thrashers in their barn. They need to honor the history of their own franchise before honoring those of our franchise who played in Winnipeg.

As an aside, with the Canadian Peso at 72 cents on the dollar, will they relocate back to Atlanta?:laugh:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Great to see them spend all their money here and go home unhappy. Fine, fine way to end the year.

Happy New Years guys. Don't get arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Figured as much when you were talking about Bobby Prr.

Put down your phone and go find someone pretty to spend the evening with.

Mission already accomplished nittah. Hope you have an awesome Korean New Year's, filled with lots of Guljeolpan, and plenty of Bulgogi and Samgyeopsal.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't dislike the Jets team. I really don't - they have talent but no leadership and hence play a very undisciplined game, leading the league in penalties.

I have an axe to grind with the Jets fans. Too many of them caused too much aggravation during the bankruptcy era.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
And Canadians. ;)

How about we add all 29 other teams. Haha

We can't hate everybody. Takes way too much energy. For me, hating the Kings team and the Jets fans is enough. Kings fans are by and large rather decent in my experience. Sharks fans are terrific and so I root for the Sharks once the Coyotes have been eliminated.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Now that Doan has Goals out of the way, time to work on the other 2 records:

Franchise assists
1. Steen, 553
2. Hawerchuk, 550
3. Doan, 536

Franchise points
1. Hawerchuk, 929
2. Doan, 917

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Since very few Coyotes fans were around by the time Doan got his hat trick goal against the Blackhawks on Tuesday, somebody orchestrated a hat toss a couple minutes before the end of the warmup skate. Doan was completely surprised by it. I wish we had watched from the lower bowl, as we usually do.

9bfVetd47.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad