GDT: GAME 36: HABS @ FLA | Lemonade | Thursday, Dec. 29th, 2022, 7PM -- TSN2, RDS, TSN690, 98.5 FM

Will the Habs win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We're playing like shit. I don't see how we win unless Montembeault goes super saiyan.

We'll see if Gallagher gets in tonight. He was game time decision last night.

Can we please play Barron on the point on PP! How f***ing hard is it to play a kid who has an offensive game on the PP?

If you want him to earn it, then put Guhle/Xhekaj there!!

Gallagher net front (if he plays)/ Dvo if he doesn't
Caufield - Hoffman - Suzuki (Hoffman bumper)
Guhle

Anderson
Dach - Dvorak - Slafkovsky
Barron

Dvorak has a decent shot. He can play bumper for now. If Gallagher can't play, I guess Slafkovsky in 2nd unit bumper, Drouin along the wall.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I put yes, just to push the Panthers down further. As I expect them to win more than the Habs down the stretch.

So it's just an extra loss could help the Habs with that pick from the Panthers.

I expect the Habs to continue to struggle but this is a game to win to help themselves in the long run. Just no OT points for both teams.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
We need to cheer for the Panthers no? Habs got a real shot at a bottom 5 finish and the difference between 3 and 4 or 4-5 means alot more than 11 and 12 or the 1 spot difference in that range, where Florida should finish?
I’m on the let’s win this in a regulation blowout team, the only bad scenario is OT (or Guhle gets hurt). Beat them so bad they become sellers and sink.

Reactions: The Real Timo

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
We need to cheer for the Panthers no? Habs got a real shot at a bottom 5 finish and the difference between 3 and 4 or 4-5 means alot more than 11 and 12 or the 1 spot difference in that range, where Florida should finish?
That’s what I think. Only the Habs own pick has a chance of being bottom 3, gotta get every loss we can to get there…

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
MyxDALi.png
MyxDALi.png
MyxDALi.png
MyxDALi.png
MyxDALi.png
MyxDALi.png

Lo and behold, one of the Habs' staunchest supporters posted this in yesterday's GDT ...

We've also seen @dinodebino post ominous comments about the current state of affairs.

A48SdEQ.jpg

Never thought I'd be so supportive of a stunt pulled by a Florida Man. And yet, it happened.

oUNNvLQ.jpg

Now, we just need our guy to make it work.

Kw9eREJ.gif

At least for tonight's game, we have our anthem covered.

edy30cz.png

It's going to get worse before it gets better but if we're patient, it will get better.

LINEUPS TBA

kvtcyr1.gif
We love you Tyson!

Reactions: Runner77 and jrom

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

My reasoning is that I predict the Habs will continue to be bad.. so a win here doesn't really hurt anything long term.. while a loss to Florida, a much better team, is 2 points they can't get and increases our odds of having two lottery picks vs. the 1.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
That’s what I think. Only the Habs own pick has a chance of being bottom 3, gotta get every loss we can to get there…
How blinded are we by Bedard? Like would #3 and #8 not be worth as mush as #2 and #9, etc if the talent falloff was evenly distributed?

From the little I’ve seen I’d trade #2 and #3 for #1 right now (if I had #2 and #3) which is skewed by a generational talent in the mix (which the odds of drafting are slim to none anyway).

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
How blinded are we by Bedard? Like would #3 and #8 not be worth as mush as #2 and #9, etc if the talent falloff was evenly distributed?

From the little I’ve seen I’d trade #2 and #3 for #1 right now, which is skewed by a generational talent in the mix (which the odds of drafting are slim to none anyway).
no one will give up #1 pick if is Bedard

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
no one will give up #1 pick if is Bedard
I agree, in my scenario I have #2 and #3, I just noticed it’s not clear. I guess what I am inquiring is whether I should be fine with a hab win, or whether one of the picks being as low as possible is really a better “want” - factoring the super low chance of winning the lottery

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Chances Gally is back tonight

Barkov, Ekblad & Gurkhas are probably back (guess it evens out things 🙄)

Reactions: SupRocket

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
They need to put Suzuki back on the right side on the power play. No idea why they took him off that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad