Pre-Game Talk: Game #36 Dec. 29 Toronto @ Arizona

Ambassador Bridge

Apr 19, 2004
My Dallas Cowboys play today so the Leafs game will be PVR and not necessarily must see being against Arizona .. .

Bottom feeding teams in mean nothing games are harder to watch.

Then with all the great WJC games to watch, Leafs are not the highest priorty event on the schedule for me.

My team too.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Insane that the Leafs have lost only 3 times in regulation since Nov 1 and somehow only gained 1 point on Carolina and have lost ground against Bos

Agreed. It's crazy.

1672338293550.png

The Broons played one more game since Nov 1 and won it. They outplayed the leafs by 1 point in the remaining games.

We are living through a season were you cannot lose in regulation anymore.

Our goal should be to pit the Broons against the Lightning in the first round by winning the division. To do that we cannot lose games.

For the first time in a long time, as of today, both Broons and Leafs played the same number of games. 9 points behind right now with 47 games left. We play them 3 more times. We have to win those games and make up 4 more points in the other 44 games.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
My Dallas Cowboys play today so the Leafs game will be PVR and not necessarily must see being against Arizona .. .

Then with all the great WJC games to watch, Leafs are not the highest priorty event on the schedule for me.
So how is it you're watching the Cowboys play? ;)

Kidding aside, this is their year amirite?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I hope we see Hunt draw in for Anderson tonight against a physical Coyotes team. 7 games for Anderson seems like enough. They've gotten a good look at him. I just don't like him at the NHL level as anything more than a call-up fill in. He's not good enough offensively at this level and he's not physical enough. He does seem to keep up defensively and plays with some grit. But, it's not enough to stick. Let Aston-Reese and Hunt go out there and bang some bodies, create some energy and play good defensive hockey.

Reactions: LeafSteel and OVO16

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The only thing I hope for is that Karel "the thrill" Vejmelka is moderately human tonight. This dude is the new Georgiev, Rittich, Korpisalo...etc against us. He just seemingly loves to play the Leafs. Not to say he's not a good tendy, he's put up relatively good numbers on a shit squad. But my god, I want to chase this dude tonight.

MAKE KAREL PAY!!

Hopefully we see Hunt come in tonight as well. You gotta figure Keefer will want to get him into the lineup Saturday against his old club. Might wanna get him to shake off some rust beforehand.

Welcome back Mo!!!!! He hardly ever gets the respect he deserves from our fanbase. We are a better team with him in the lineup. Happy to see him back and healthy. My hope is that our forwards continue to play with that same 200ft commitment that we've seen since Mo went down with injury. Nothing should change now that we are regaining health on the back end.

GO LEAFS GO!
Oh no is this guy up to a shutout tonight?

I'm a Cowboys fan as well, but I'm starting to see Prescott as just another version of Romo

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
arizona has been decent this year
schedulers have kind of screwed them over. only 11 homes games and 22 road games.

vejmelka is one of the top 5ish goalies in the league this year ...
im expecting a low scoring game.

Reactions: Jojalu

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The only thing I hope for is that Karel "the thrill" Vejmelka is moderately human tonight. This dude is the new Georgiev, Rittich, Korpisalo...etc against us. He just seemingly loves to play the Leafs. Not to say he's not a good tendy, he's put up relatively good numbers on a shit squad. But my god, I want to chase this dude tonight.

MAKE KAREL PAY!!

Hopefully we see Hunt come in tonight as well. You gotta figure Keefer will want to get him into the lineup Saturday against his old club. Might wanna get him to shake off some rust beforehand.

Welcome back Mo!!!!! He hardly ever gets the respect he deserves from our fanbase. We are a better team with him in the lineup. Happy to see him back and healthy. My hope is that our forwards continue to play with that same 200ft commitment that we've seen since Mo went down with injury. Nothing should change now that we are regaining health on the back end.

GO LEAFS GO!
He's honestly just a really good goalie tbh, top 5 in the league for goals saved above expected despite playing behind an awful team

If a team needs a goalie he's someone I'd consider paying a pretty penny for. He could put up some great numbers behind a competent defense

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Sheldon's Hulking Phases :laugh:

75sy0e.jpg

From bulking season to hulking season, you love to see it. Put on a few extra pounds so you can scream them off without losing any strength, that's the power of the best strength and conditioning department in the league.

schedulers have kind of screwed them over. only 11 homes games and 22 road games.

You know, somehow I think their players are enjoying the road games more than the home games this year.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
If we just paid our 125k fine by handing cash to the yotes you think we'd get more calls?

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I hope we see Hunt draw in for Anderson tonight against a physical Coyotes team. 7 games for Anderson seems like enough. They've gotten a good look at him. I just don't like him at the NHL level as anything more than a call-up fill in. He's not good enough offensively at this level and he's not physical enough. He does seem to keep up defensively and plays with some grit. But, it's not enough to stick. Let Aston-Reese and Hunt go out there and bang some bodies, create some energy and play good defensive hockey.
Excited to see Hunt. And I agree with you that I haven't been "wowed" by Anderson....but it's hard to argue with what ZAR-Holmberg-Anderson have done as a unit. They've been very defensively responsible and provided us with a decent 4th line. We'll see if Hunt can bring a good mix to that group

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
Excited to see Hunt. And I agree with you that I haven't been "wowed" by Anderson....but it's hard to argue with what ZAR-Holmberg-Anderson have done as a unit. They've been very defensively responsible and provided us with a decent 4th line. We'll see if Hunt can bring a good mix to that group

i havnt been wowed by ZAR .......... that guy is literally on 3 of the bottom 4 line combinations this year at xgoals.
in the ZAR and NAK selection did they pick the wrong guy ?

Reactions: BayStBullies

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Don't be ridiculous, gas station bathrooms have doors unlike that dressing room. Wait can you still call something a room if it doesn't even have permanent walls? Designated dressing area I guess.
The pictures distributed in October were the temporary dressing areas being used for the first 4 home games of the Coyotes' season. They have since finished the Mullet Arena annex which contain the permanent dressing rooms to be used for NHL games. They are supposed to be up to NHL standards but I have not seen details on them.

Last edited:

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

I'm pretty sure that the light home schedule thus far was at the request of the Coyotes because the Mullet Arena Annex would not be finished until early Decemeber. The Annex contains the permanent NHL dressing rooms (not the temporary ones used in October for 4 games).

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Honestly, the Coyotes should roll out the red carpet with the $100K in free money they just received.
Another ridiculous take on the travel violation fine. Fine money goes to the NHL Foundation. It does not go to revenus sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad