Pre-Game Talk: Game #36 Dec. 29 Toronto @ Arizona

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
70F9E400-F8C3-4B40-8CBF-45892DE29AC5.png

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Arizona is a funny team.

Have beat Bos, Car, Tor, NYI×2, the Kings then will get slaughtered by Mon, Ott and other bottom dwellers.

Interesting game

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Feels like a loss but who knows, they've been beating bad teams consistently this season so far

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Hard to get up for a game when your team's dressing room resembles a gas station bathroom.

Don't be ridiculous, gas station bathrooms have doors unlike that dressing room. Wait can you still call something a room if it doesn't even have permanent walls? Designated dressing area I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: kb

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Don't be ridiculous, gas station bathrooms have doors unlike that dressing room. Wait can you still call something a room if it doesn't even have permanent walls? Designated dressing area I guess.

You're right. My bad.

Reactions: kb

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Hopefully they come out and just destroy Arizona. I wonder how many dirty hits Ritchie will have tonight.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Should be enough of a boost with some new blood in the lineup and an revenge inspired team (also after Keefe’s stepping up for players and fine) to avoid a letdown here. Hope Matthews scores a hatty in his old state. Coyotes beat us the last time through in October. Can’t sleep on them this time. Big games for Rielly and Hunt.

Refs have been literally been shoving us around lately, missing calls. Sucks but just have to play through it. Will better prepare them for the playoffs.

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Tavares-Marner
Kerfoot Kampf Engvall
ZAR Holmberg Hunt

Extras: Anderson, Simmonds

Giordano Holl
Rielly-Liljegren
Brodie-Timmins

Extras: Sandin-Benn

murray

Last edited:

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Incoming Nick Ritchie hat trick.

For whatever reasons they never showed up against the Coyotes ever since the old Jets moved to Phoenix.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Insane that the Leafs have lost only 3 times in regulation since Nov 1 and somehow only gained 1 point on Carolina and have lost ground against Bos

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
The only thing I hope for is that Karel "the thrill" Vejmelka is moderately human tonight. This dude is the new Georgiev, Rittich, Korpisalo...etc against us. He just seemingly loves to play the Leafs. Not to say he's not a good tendy, he's put up relatively good numbers on a shit squad. But my god, I want to chase this dude tonight.

MAKE KAREL PAY!!

Hopefully we see Hunt come in tonight as well. You gotta figure Keefer will want to get him into the lineup Saturday against his old club. Might wanna get him to shake off some rust beforehand.

Welcome back Mo!!!!! He hardly ever gets the respect he deserves from our fanbase. We are a better team with him in the lineup. Happy to see him back and healthy. My hope is that our forwards continue to play with that same 200ft commitment that we've seen since Mo went down with injury. Nothing should change now that we are regaining health on the back end.

GO LEAFS GO!

Reactions: slozo and Burnie97

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I don’t know much about Hunt, what little I’ve read and seen of him he seems like a level headed, honest player who knows his role. I don’t expect him to instigate anything, other than a robust hit or two, but I also believe he’ll man up for his team if required. I’m curious to see what he brings to the team.

Reactions: Burnie97

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
Giordano - Holl
Rielly - Liljegren
Brodie - Timmins

Pretty darn good blueline.
Still can’t get over how incredibly good GIO still is at his age. Still a more than capable top 2 dman

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Insane that the Leafs have lost only 3 times in regulation since Nov 1 and somehow only gained 1 point on Carolina and have lost ground against Bos
I'm sure Carolina fans are saying "Insane that the 'Canes have lost only 4 times in regulation since Nov 1 and somehow have lost ground against both Toronto and Boston."

I'm sure Boston fans are saying "Duh, whut?":sarcasm:

Reactions: Kurtz and Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I'm sure Carolina fans are saying "Insane that the 'Canes have lost only 4 times in regulation since Nov 1 and somehow have lost ground against both Toronto and Boston."

I'm sure Boston fans are saying "Duh, whut?":sarcasm:
East setting up to be a war!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
My Dallas Cowboys play today so the Leafs game will be PVR and not necessarily must see being against Arizona .. .

Bottom feeding teams in mean nothing games are harder to watch.

Then with all the great WJC games to watch, Leafs are not the highest priorty event on the schedule for me.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGroceryStick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad