Post-Game Talk: GAME #36: Canucks 4, Oilers 2: VAN wins the Sam Gagner Invitational (and is back to .500 on W/L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm really looking forward to a rival divisional match-up like the Oilers - more emotion than the average game. I just wish it wasn't our 3rd game in 4 nights. The guys may have to use emotion for fuel tonight.

Will the Bo-Jake-Goldy line go head to head with McDavid? Maybe Roussel replaces Goldy on that line. Hoping for an exciting match-up! Go EP & Brock!

I believe this will also be the Oilers’ 5th game in 8 or 9 nights or something. But I agree - good to see a divisional rival. Hopefully the game is entertaining, win or lose.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Wanna see Horvat beat the snot out of Nurse again :yo:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Because EA is the great predictor of all things, here is tonight's result courtesy of this matchup I just played on NHL 19:

5-0 Canucks

Virtanen (Granlund, Hutton)(PP)
Pettersson (Boeser, Goldobin)(PP)
Horvat (Goldobin, Virtanen)
Horvat 2 (Goldobin, Edler)(PP)
Roussel (Unassisted)

Nilsson; 29 saves on 29 shots for the shoutout.

Book it.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Because EA is the great predictor of all things, here is tonight's result courtesy of this matchup I just played on NHL 19:

5-0 Canucks

Roussel (Unassisted)

Book it.

Ok sweet. I put 20 bucks down. Thanks.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Cant wait to watch Mcdavid make Pouliot look like ECHL level..but he already is..Lucic and Rousell go toe to toe...Just hoping for Petty points really..
Might be entertaining game..

Roussell won’t fight Looch. I hate looch , maybe in my top 10 current players I hare bur he’s likely the toughest guy in the league. (According to other players when asked )

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

5-0 Canucks

Roussel (Unassisted)

Book it.
Has Nilsson been confirmed to play in goal tonight y'all? I thank he finna play some treal solid game tonight if so sires and madamoiselles here. :clap:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
You're quite frankly asking for too much, teams don't have that large of a core of players, it usually 5-7 players that you build around. Canucks are already a middle-pack team in the league with just Boeser/Horvat/Pettersson.

I firmly believe Canucks will have success with a core of:
Pettersson
Boeser
Horvat
Q Hughes
Demko
Top 6 forward via UFA/Trade
Top 4 Defenceman via UFA/Trade

Helps when we have Horvat/Pettersson/Boeser
These are guys that other players WANT to play with. So it could help us land good FAs

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Bahahaha... phew, was getting all anxious when I couldn't find the game on, only to be reminded it's not on till 7pm. :phew:

All these road trips have had me dialled in for 5pm starts.
:dunce:

Let's get this on, get this done!

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Helps when we have Horvat/Pettersson/Boeser
These are guys that other players WANT to play with. So it could help us land good FAs

Especially Petey and Brock. Guys have legit been the talk of the NHL since coming in...
Who wouldn't want to play alongside either one of those guys?

Bo doesn't quite strike me as having the same buzz or profile, but I'm sure players know him well by now too.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
My post stating I wouldn't mind Gudbranson back yesterday was deemed too pro-tank. In that case, boy I sure hope Biega stays in the lineup over Gud even when healthy then.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Not thrilled with the changes, but I guess scoring has to be sacrificed in order to contain McDavid. So it's the re-fitted Horvat line up against McD. Go BO !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad