Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 - 2022 Adieu- Sabres 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
sucks to lose like that to end the year but they need to break the bad habits they seem to be developing by being too cute with the puck in the new year

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Mid-season, lazy Saturday afternoon game on New Year's Eve with the Winter Classic on Monday ... a bad bounce/ice ... this stuff happens during the course of an 82 game season ... and Boston still has taken 4 points out of the last 3 games. With that said - I'm not too surprised by Buffalo's win, and I hate the overtime/shootout format, but I digress.

About Buffalo: Buffalo has been playing decent hockey the past month. Whether they have finally turned the corner towards winning ways is left to be seen. Regular season wins is the first step. Can Buffalo keep playing consistently or will they fade? Mid-season wins may put them in playoff contention. Then the last month and a half of the season when things tighten up will tell a lot about them when teams with more experience know what it takes. Playoffs are another story. It may still be a year or two before the Sabers are a true contender. In the playoffs usually a team needs to learn to lose before they learn how to win (in the playoffs) - it's a maturation process.

As far as people being critical of Swayman ... it's his second full year, teams should now have a decent personalized scouting reports on him ... so he won't be surprising teams. I kind of expected him to struggle a little this year because of it. He will need to adjust to the opponents adjustment and that is as much mental as positional and that will take a little time. He has the talent which is something that can't be taught. He'll be fine in the long run.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
It was an entertaining enjoyable afternoon game, they did to us what we have done to so many teams with the last minute heroics ... I'm not worried. The good news is it looks like Marchand is close to recapturing his mojo. Zacha is a great GM find if he can stay consistent. I'd like to see Charlie McAvoy dominate more, game changing skills when used. Wouldn't be upset if we upgrade on Swayman ... this year is all in, no time to learn on the job. Pay Pasta, he's got man strength now and is using it ... sure he does some stupid stuff but he has some real creativity and real finish... locker room gem to boot.

Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Today’s loss is a big nothing Berger.
I only would like to see them get back to hitting like they were at the beginning of the season.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
48’s been whiffing on so many passes/plays lately
Wonder what’s up with him.
he cant hit the net either.
hoping we go after chychrun or even ghost from arizona.
still didnt think we pkayed bad today. buf really didnt have many chances. our pk was great.
swayman let them down. it was a workmanlike 3-2 win until tgat softy.

Ullmark is league MVP. If he is in net we win. Stats don’t lie Ullmark is gold
its probably a shutout if ullmark was in bet to be honest. probably 3-0

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I’m not worried about this loss at all. They will lose more games this season, and I won’t worry about them as well. Show up in the playoffs. Losing games at that time, is when it’s time to worry. Bruins have a great team. Enjoy the ride. Win or lose.

Ddawg

Mar 7, 2020
Dublin, Ireland
Swayman needs work, that is obvious. However for those that have jumped off the Swayman train, who are you going to run out there as a backup? Ullmark can't play every game and it looked like his lower back may have been hurting him late last game. They have no cap to bring another goalie in and they have the following in the A:

Kincaid 5th organisation
Keyser 19 - 19 - 10 AHL
Bussi 1st real AHL season

On another note, maybe some of you may need to back off a bit from blasting the players. If you can do better maybe you should get in touch with Don and Cam for a tryout.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
bruins need to bounce back Monday. but this loss showed some flaws
In the last several games teams have been clogging up the middle and tightly checking the B's, and they've been playing here and there a bit loosely. IMO Monty has some adjustments to make and he knows it but he's holding out as long as possible to not tip his hand too soon before the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad