FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - BUFFALO

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Been bailed out by Ullmark for many games of lack luster efforts lately. Should have lost sooner than this at home.

Bottom end of the roster needs to be upgraded along with the bottom pair.

Freddy needs to be on the third line, he drives it not Coyle. Moving him down to play with the fourth line slugs hurts the third.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Almanil

Nov 18, 2017
Well I am glad for the point. It didn't look promising at times during the game.

Also if Zacha can consistently play like this then he will be much better than I expected.

Reactions: bruins19 and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Unfortunate result. But we have a lot to look forward to. You can't expect to win a game when you have atrocious passing, not converting on a 5 on 3. No urgency. Nada. Yes, Sway let in a softie, but a lot of the team didn't play great today. Bergy was a -3 and he looked atrocious in that final sequence. When do we ever say that? Shit happens. Buffalo wanted it more.

Take it on the chin. Move on. Be ready for Monday. We're gonna be fine. Happy New Year. Be safe! Be responsible. And be grateful! ♥️

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Don't even care about what happened in OT. Should have never gotten to that point. Not worried even a little bit about Bergy. A little worried, however, about Pasta. He's going to get goals, but the rest of his game in recent games has reverted back to sloppy head-up-his ass mode that we've seen the past couple seasons. Needs to get back to the more focused Pasta we saw earlier in the season. Also, I really hope Ullmark stays healthy. The gap in save pct between the Bs two goaltenders is striking.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
One OT loss in isolation ain't a big deal. Although that was kind of a kick to the balls a little bit.

Personally I blame the PP unit for not converting on the 5 on 3 + double minor more than Swayman's 3rd goal against. We shot ourselves in the foot a bit.

Also major props to Tage Thompson. Guy is a beast and was flying out there. He's full of confidence and it's scary to watch as a fan of the opposing team. UPL was really solid in the net even if we had some misses in there as well.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Should ve scored on the 4 min 5vs3 penalty, PP should be a killer, Pasta should ve been more patient with empty net, Sway should ve stopped the third Buf goal...great team dont loose that kind of game...

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Don't even care about what happened in OT. Should have never gotten to that point. Not worried even a little bit about Bergy. A little worried, however, about Pasta. He's going to get goals, but the rest of his game in recent games has reverted back to sloppy head-up-his ass mode that we've seen the past couple seasons. Needs to get back to the more focused Pasta we saw earlier in the season. Also, I really hope Ullmark stays healthy. The gap in save pct between the Bs two goaltenders is striking.
His braindead passes crush my spirits.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The concern to me isn’t so much the loss in isolation but the slow creep of bad habits forming. That’s what I’d be focused on if I were Monty. Due for a lull at some point but be aware of it and crank up the focus.
It's a long season, I think we are going to see a bit of a setback especially with the west coast trip coming up.

Need to make a trade for some new energy.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
So many 'If's' in that game its ridiculous.

Could go back to the first period where Marchand had a golden opportunity and shot it right into upl's right pad.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Really wanted that #63 goal to be the game winner:whine: could see the sag after they didn’t score on the long PP. Gotta give credit to the Sabres, lots of young talent and they are going to improve into true competitors. At least we got another point…although loser points don’t feel so great. Hope they rally and bring their A game for the slushy Classic.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It's a long, tough season. Bruins are feeling the pinch a bit at present. They're the frontrunner, teams keep throwing their best at them. That's the way of it, and the price of being so successful. The legs are looking heavier as a result, top guys like Bergy and Pasta are looking a little fatigued and making some errors, there are more patches in games when they just can't quite get going and opponents are putting the squeeze on them. Ullmark is bailing the boys out on most of those, Swayman unfortunately not so much.

The points pace the Bruins have been on to-date is not sustainable. In a cap, parity, 3-games a week league, it's just not. Vegas, Carolina, NJ, Dallas etc. have all had rough patches. Boston will too. And that's ok. They still got a point out of this, same as in Ottawa. They just need to keep grinding, and banking as many points as possible. Limit the damage when things aren't going your way, evaluate the flaws and sort them out as best you can along the way.

They can't be 100% every night. But the Classic is next. Review and reset for that and put on a good show at Fenway. I'm confident they will.

aguineapig

Breakdowns and breakaways were bound to catch up and today they did. But on the bright side #63 was back to his old self and was dominant in the 3rd period. Raise your hand if you knew the Sabres would tie it after not finishing them off on the PP'S. The Cozens goal to tie it was on Swayman so fast he just couldn't squeeze it shut.
Happened to Sabres guy on the Bergy goal, Espo scored most of his goals that way, on net before the goalie could get set. Swayman will be fine. Hit it out of the park at Fenway against the Pens, all will be forgotten.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The concern to me isn’t so much the loss in isolation but the slow creep of bad habits forming. That’s what I’d be focused on if I were Monty. Due for a lull at some point but be aware of it and crank up the focus.
idk I thought they were back to being dominant today outside of the 4 minute PP and a soft late goal

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Should ve scored on the 4 min 5vs3 penalty, PP should be a killer, Pasta should ve been more patient with empty net, Sway should ve stopped the third Buf goal...great team dont loose that kind of game...
I think we are far from "great" but the pieces are there to go for it one last time.

Reactions: BruinsJoe

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
His braindead passes crush my spirits.
I still can't understand most people say pay him what he wants. Idk but alot of his game leaves alot to be desired and I'm nervous about handing him a MacKinnon type contract. He's not MacKinnon. I don't know if I've seen a player have such lackluster games but somehow end up with 2 points at the end. Gets results I suppose but man he doesn't look good at times

IronSac

Aug 18, 2016
The Marchand breakaway goal was crap. Blatant too many men on the ice penalty missed. He left early. Bruins play the game right though. Good luck to you guys the rest of the year.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Loss shows there is still work to do and there is nothing wrong with that! Good first part of the season, plenty to be excited about vs bitter. On to the outdoor NHL PR game (barf!!!….just hope we have no injuries….)

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for all the great posts and chats in 2022. Now it’s onto 2023 and a Bruins Stanley Cup!

Reactions: BMC and Trizz617

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad