BRUINS GDT GAME 36 12/22 1:07 PM - NASHVILLE - It should be Renemas :( - NESN, NHLN (US), SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I thought they wear the WC uniforms for the first time at the WC? I don't remember them wearing it before in previous years, but then again I have a hard time remembering what I ate for dinner last night :laugh:

I think they wore those unis that they used against the Habs in the previous winter classic, in a game or two before the classic:huh:

Reactions: Strafer

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
That was the plan and I can tell you nobody with the Garden gameday staff knows what changed. All anybody knows is Rene has told people he is never coming back. :cry:

So Ron will play Christmas music and Garden HDX will hawk Winter Classic stuff.

I wonder if the Bruins wear the WC uniforms this afternoon OR wear them in Raleigh on Sunday knowing that game will get a lot of coverage because the Canes will be wearing Whalers uniforms.
Well I mean I like the new guy and all but he took Rene’s whole schtick. I cringed last game at the fist bump.

If I was Rene I’d be a little pissed. New guy needs to get his own personality.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think they wore those unis that they used against the Habs in the previous winter classic, in a game or two before the classic:huh:
They wore both the ‘10 and ‘16 units a couple of times after the classic each season. I remember it was a big deal at the time because they had to recreate the gold ‘10 uniforms from scratch since they couldn’t reuse the originals.

The league has gotten a bit more relaxed regarding alternate uniforms and now allows for a “heritage” uniform to be worn a handful of times in addition to a 3rd.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I should be able to catch some of this. Visiting family in Arizona. About to tee off, so game will be starting just around when my round ends. Headed to Glendale for Coyotes-Avalanche later this evening.

Reactions: gumgum

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That was the plan and I can tell you nobody with the Garden gameday staff knows what changed. All anybody knows is Rene has told people he is never coming back. :cry:

So Ron will play Christmas music and Garden HDX will hawk Winter Classic stuff.

I wonder if the Bruins wear the WC uniforms this afternoon OR wear them in Raleigh on Sunday knowing that game will get a lot of coverage because the Canes will be wearing Whalers uniforms.
Really sucks about Rene. I guess Rene was a huge part of Bruins home games for me, and I wish he stuck around a while longer. Hope his health isn't the reason he is never coming back. I will now have to play Youtube clips of Rene doing Christmas songs during today's intermission.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
cut.jpeg

:(

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Your recollection is close, but I'm 99% sure for the 2015-6 season, they only wore their "regular" third jersey before the Winter Classic, and they wore the WC jersey both at the WC and after the WC as a fourth jersey...but that fourth was only used a handful of times (2-3 max). I guess they don't want to spoil the reveal by playing in WC jerseys before the big game?

After that, for 2016-7, the WC jersey became the official third jersey, and they retired the "prowling bear" one. Last season, nobody had third jerseys due to the flip from Reebok to Adidas. And...we don't have a third jersey yet, do we? Other than the WC one, which I bet we'll see in the new year.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Nashville is sooo banged up missing several key players

And have lost 9 straight road games

Good time to play em

Get it done boys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events