Pre-Game Talk: Game 36 12/19 7:07 PM - New York Islanders - NBCSN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Wagner in anything other than a 4th line role is dumb.
Heinen in a 2nd line role is dumb.
Get the guys we need using the prospects we have.

i agree.
i think with what we have heinen should on line 1. hes not great but he will be fine with bergy and marchy.
move pasta to line 2. and put bjork on lw there. then have debrusk with coyle. then have either kuhlman or senny on that rw.
wagner is 4th line. no more than that.

TcTap

Jan 27, 2017
Im looking forward to this one. Have yet to see Islanders play. Im curious about Trotz's system. They are probably gonna be angry after that embarrassment day before. Im glad Rask is starting. Lets keep him there for a while to get into groove.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You would have to think Ritchie is on his last legs here. Clear cut player to be cut if Kovalchuk signs here. Cassidy seemed to challenge him and he came up far short in my eyes.

I love Ross Johnston on the Isles, old school guy who sticks up for teammates. He vs Chara would be a titanic bout, but hope Z stays away.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Boychuk wasn't even in the NHL at Carlo's age. Still very much developing so kinda unfair to make that comparison.

Boychuk never hesitated to hit anyone open ice or clear someone out of the crease not even when he was a rookie. Carlo has shown lately he can do this he just doesn't do it enough. I would love for him to become the Bruins heavy hitter on D but I don't see it happening. Makes me wish Connor Clifton was larger & stronger, he'd be perfect for the role the guy will hit anything that moves. And just like you need puck movers you also need player movers on defense.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The game is airing here in Canada on Sportsnet East, Sportsnet Ontario and Sportsnet Pacific. A 2-hour replay can be seen on Sportsnet East, Sportsnet Ontario, Sportsnet West and Sportsnet Pacific Friday at 2 pm Eastern.

Reactions: MetM

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You would have to think Ritchie is on his last legs here. Clear cut player to be cut if Kovalchuk signs here. Cassidy seemed to challenge him and he came up far short in my eyes.

I love Ross Johnston on the Isles, old school guy who sticks up for teammates. He vs Chara would be a titanic bout, but hope Z stays away.
Yeah, I wouldn't want Chara doing that at this age.

Chara of 10-12 years ago, sure.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I want to see Backes switch places with Kuraly. I really think it would help Kuraly being on the wing instead of center.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I want to see Backes switch places with Kuraly. I really think it would help Kuraly being on the wing instead of center.
Yeah, I agree. He can play a north/south game that way. He's much better suited for that.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Whatever, those lines look fine, Bruins are a good team they can't win them all, I remember the dark days.
I will take a healthy team that can compete with anyone.

When were complaining about a guy on the wrong line here and there life isn't so bad.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Islanders are a bonafide Cup contender

If the NHL allows the team to play in Uniondale for the entire playoffs they will be dangerous. They were hurt badly last year when they had to play Carolina in Brooklyn in the second round.
I'm not sure I understand being "badly hurt". They still got last change, and were familiar with their surroundings.

aguineapig

I like the Islanders. In my time living in Nassau I met so many dedicated, informed, and kind Isles fans who were proud of their history, embarrassed about the fish stick era, but hopeful about the future. Not unlike Bruins fans in the late 00s. I hope they crack through and have major success, although Belmont is not as central a location it's a lot better than Atlantic Terminal. Furthermore, there was plenty of mutual respect, given that the Bruins are not in the division. It helps that Isles fans like how the Bruins fleeced the Rangers in the Espo deal (older fans) and how the Long Islander Charlie Mack is an exciting player and easy to root for (younger fans).

That said- go Bs, I hope they whoop them 5-0 like they did last year when I saw them at the Coliseum.
To come through the late 70's Hab House of Horrors only to be floored by the Isle's dynasty was a tad bit gut wrenching. But they were so solid depth wise. Tonelli was mentioned in a thread the other day but Bourne, Anders Kallur, Butchie Goring, 2 Sutters, Jonsson, Langevin, Morrow on and on. Ole Bow Tie Bill built a helluva Battleship. To think they grabbed Michel Bossy one pick ahead of us, Dewey Foster where are you now?

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Would love a guy on the 4th line to be just running around knocking opposing players blocks off. Not dirty, just a solid guy guy with lots of grit who likes to conduct the pain train.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Would love a guy on the 4th line to be just running around knocking opposing players blocks off. Not dirty, just a solid guy guy with lots of grit who likes to conduct the pain train.
Agreed. Our 4th line guys lack the heavy hitting. They hit, but they mostly bounce off, lol.

Reactions: nORRis8

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm not sure I understand being "badly hurt". They still got last change, and were familiar with their surroundings.

They were, so no excuses there. But there was definitely something off about the Islanders in the second round. Whether they just didn't cope with the long break, or underestimated the Canes or something else, they never got going in that series. Maybe they would have been exactly the same in Uniondale, but if there is such a thing as a team feeding off a crowd's energy, then there was certainly more of it to go around at the Coliseum than at the Barclays Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA