Pre-Game Talk: Game 36 12/19 7:07 PM - New York Islanders - NBCSN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
The Islanders are a bonafide Cup contender

If the NHL allows the team to play in Uniondale for the entire playoffs they will be dangerous. They were hurt badly last year when they had to play Carolina in Brooklyn in the second round.

Indeed, despite being a neutral I got a kick out of watching playoff hockey at the Coliseum. Reminded me of that classic vs. the Rangers in 1984. LET'S GO B'S!!

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL - Thursday at 4 p.m. | Boston Sports Journal

Reactions: BMC

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I like the Islanders. In my time living in Nassau I met so many dedicated, informed, and kind Isles fans who were proud of their history, embarrassed about the fish stick era, but hopeful about the future. Not unlike Bruins fans in the late 00s. I hope they crack through and have major success, although Belmont is not as central a location it's a lot better than Atlantic Terminal. Furthermore, there was plenty of mutual respect, given that the Bruins are not in the division. It helps that Isles fans like how the Bruins fleeced the Rangers in the Espo deal (older fans) and how the Long Islander Charlie Mack is an exciting player and easy to root for (younger fans).

That said- go Bs, I hope they whoop them 5-0 like they did last year when I saw them at the Coliseum.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Islanders just got blown out by the Preds, we may see a team with a chip on their shoulder.
Looking thru the game threads,I see the isles have not beaten Boston in their last 7 matchups. Ouch.

I am hoping that between that embarrassing record, the beat down by Nashville and this being a nationally televised game,we will see a much better effort from the isles,a very competitive game.

Reactions: BMC

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
The Islanders are a bonafide Cup contender

If the NHL allows the team to play in Uniondale for the entire playoffs they will be dangerous. They were hurt badly last year when they had to play Carolina in Brooklyn in the second round.

I don't buy that. It's not the difference in arena that got them eliminated Carolina, it's their poor play that got them eliminated by Carolina.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Since the Isle got lit up in their last game if the Bruins do not show up for 60 minutes for this one we may be the team that gets lit up ....

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bruins have won 7 in an row against the Islanders, maybe a team they just match up well against.
Complete opposite of the Capitals.

Predict a 3-1 Bruins win with an empty netter.

Reactions: bruins19

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
Screenshot_20191219-115547_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: Strafer

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I'd prefer to see Bjork-Krejci-Heinen and Debrusk-Coyle-Senyshyn. Good to see Clifton back in the lineup.
Guys are playing out of place and this is probably best lineup they can come up with (with the given personnel).

I do agree with the lines you proposed once Seny is healthy. Really want to see more of the DeBrusk-Coyle.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm hoping to be home for the entire game tonight for the first time in I don't know how long...
Aaaand hopefully I don't regret seeing the whole game.:rolleyes:
I have a hard time winding down when my B's lose.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I like Brandon Carlo but he's no Johnny Boychuk- not enough snarl consistently for me.

Johnny Boychuk was born to be a Bruins defenseman and I will hate that trade until I die.
Boychuk wasn't even in the NHL at Carlo's age. Still very much developing so kinda unfair to make that comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad