GDT: Game 35: Montreal Canadiens vs Colorado Avalanche 8:30pm EST SN, RDS, TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So Kulak from the 1st pairing to healthy scratch.. He didnt play well the last few games, but i see no reason to bench him before Schlemko

I agree, but perhaps in the bigger picture they are holding him to a similar standard to Reilly. And while I want both in the lineup, being consistent and not playing favourites is refreshing. We'll get a fresh look at Mete too.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Don't sleep for the 1st 5 minutes or else it's over. Hopefully, they learned their lesson. 4-2, Tatar with the empty net.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Rantanen-Mackinnon-Landeskog is an example of how not "spreading the scoring" is better sometimes for the team and for the league. Imagine if Kane played with Toews or Semin with Backstrom and Ovechkin. But noooooo, gotta "spread the scoring" and put an elite guy with a lesser guy and then see the lesser guy get his stats padded.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Top 6 minutes for Danault and he has 2 goals. He needs to produce more than this

He's 6th on the team in even strength points. Some more goals would obviously be nice from Danault, but it isn't like he's playing with guys who are known for their playmaking.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Rantanen-Mackinnon-Landeskog is an example of how not "spreading the scoring" is better sometimes for the team and for the league. Imagine if Kane played with Toews or Semin with Backstrom and Ovechkin. But noooooo, gotta "spread the scoring" and put an elite guy with a lesser guy and then see the lesser guy get his stats padded.
I actually think teams should spread the scoring. Pens won the cup with Crosby, Malkin and Kessel on different lines.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
According to their lineup, Avs are playing Andrighetto on the 2nd line. I don't think he's regularly in their top-6, but still, what a drop-off after their amazing 1st line.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Commonly referred to as the DD Syndrome.
except unlike DD...

Danault doesn't get much offensive zone faceoffs, or plays the PP and he actually plays on the PK.

But other than that...they're using him exactly like Desharnais.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So Kulak from the 1st pairing to healthy scratch.. He didnt play well the last few games, but i see no reason to bench him before Schlemko
Schlemko/Benn is approaching Bouillon/Dandenault aka Dandouillon proportions of bad.

SchlemBenn

P.S. - Big shout out to @WeThreeKings for the timeless Dandouillon reference.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Based on how bad the PP is, how bad this team has been against top teams lately, I don’t see a scenario when they win tonight.
I just hope it’s a respectable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad