GDT: Game #35 | Chicago Blackhawks at Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 pm EST | NBC

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
In all honesty, I expect Kenny to sit down with Samuelsson during the off-season, have an honest discussion with him about his injuries, and then offer him a position with the team as a condolence gift for buying him out.

He actually has to be fully healthy to be bought out, something I am starting to worry about.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Can't say I'm upset I decided to sleep off my hang over rather than watch the game. Have they played that bad? I thought they were gonna lose but to lose by a touchdown? That's horrific. Did Sharp or Hossa play?

Nope.

He actually has to be fully healthy to be bought out, something I am starting to worry about.

LTIR would be fine.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I don't see any reason to argue with the man.

Yeah, let's pull one line from a quote, that'll prove my point.

They were just talking about prices being super high because everyone is bunched together with very few seller. Who are some core pieces we could trade to make a "hockey trade". Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Howard aren't going anywhere. Franzen is old and signed to a long term contract, Filppula is a UFA in 3 months. Brunner I'd like to keep. The rest are 3rd/4th liners. On defense we have CC, White & Quncey who could move but only White really holds value.

The non core pieces all have little value or have some big chinks in them which cause there value to fall. The only other option is to trade prospects but we're a piece or 2 away from making a run for the cup. That means we have pretty much no choice but to stand pat or trade some of our guys for picks to get the young guys into the lineup.

I'd rather we stand pat then add something we don't need. IE: Jbo, Gaborik, Clowe, etc.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Only Detroit can out shoot a team by 8 n lose b 6 blah

Goalies were soft, especially Monster, holy crap. And shots are very deceptive, as anyone who watches hockey knows. One team generates high quality shots, the other generates perimeter shots and peppers the goalie with easy to stop garbage.

The combination of those two = this game.

At least there's a critical mass of people who think there are major problems that need addressing with the team now.

CloneHakanPlease*

At least there's a critical mass of people who think there are major problems that need addressing with the team now.

YOURE JUST A BANDWAGON FAN. TRUE FANS 4 LYFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/sarcasm

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Although, I find it funny that a guy like Quincey looked good everywhere else but Detroit, and since being in Detroit he's been average. And yet somehow, the inverse for Bouwmeester is not an acceptable conclusion.

Kind of like how it was OK to say you wouldn't want the #1 Dman on the team with the worst GA/G....but that same logic wasn't acceptable for ALL of the 1st liners on the team with the worst GF/G...

It is possible the inverse is an acceptable conclusion. I am just fearful that it wouldn't be. What people expected Quincey to come over here and do was do the same thing he did for an awful LAK and COL team. When he got over here he couldn't fill that role.

I'm just scared the same would happen with Bouwmeester, but on a bigger scale. That is all. I won't go to extended lengths to try and make any more of a point than just to say that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
So Sammy starts his first game and we lose 7-1. And lose Zetterberg. I swear it's amazing the timing.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
It is possible the inverse is an acceptable conclusion. I am just fearful that it wouldn't be. What people expected Quincey to come over here and do was do the same thing he did for an awful LAK and COL team. When he got over here he couldn't fill that role.

I'm just scared the same would happen with Bouwmeester, but on a bigger scale. That is all. I won't go to extended lengths to try and make any more of a point than just to say that.

I don't think the people here expected Quincey to do **** when he came here. We knew what he was when we had him and waived him years ago. Ken Holland was the one that thought he was worth a 1rst round pick and a depth defenseman.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
I don't think the people here expected Quincey to do **** when he came here. We knew what he was when we had him and waived him years ago. Ken Holland was the one that thought he was worth a 1rst round pick and a depth defenseman.

And a lot of folks were *****in when Quincey looked the rock star in Colorado, so it goes both ways...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I remember posts and threads from that time that definitely said otherwise.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1 min
#RedWings send Brian Lashoff to Grand Rapids to make roster room for Danny DeKeyser. Can return Wednesday when rosters unlimited.

About time.

edit.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2 min
Holland said Lashoff will be back on Wednesday when rosters expand on trade deadline

Last edited:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

And on a similar note, I'm not gung-ho for Bouwmeester. I just don't think many Wings fans are giving him a fair shake. He'd be in a different position here than Calgary, and I actually think he'd thrive under Babcock, who would encourage him to play a simple game instead of the flashier game that's always been expected of him.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
I remember posts and threads from that time that definitely said otherwise.

You can find people that think a pile of doggy doo is awesome if you look hard enough. The vast majority would agree with me, however. Quincey is and was not expected to bring much, and Holland over paid for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad