GDT: Game #35 | Chicago Blackhawks at Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 pm EST | NBC

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 1 min
#RedWings send Brian Lashoff to Grand Rapids to make roster room for Danny DeKeyser. Can return Wednesday when rosters unlimited.

About time.

edit.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2 min
Holland said Lashoff will be back on Wednesday when rosters expand on trade deadline

Would not surprise me if they send down Smith and DeKeyser for a day to keep them eligible for the AHL playoffs too.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I was at the game and was very very embarrassed. I drove 17 hours for this game and tomorrow's vs Colorado and was extremely disappointed!!! Howard was dreadful and gave the game away in mere minutes. After Howard poor performance took the wind out of the building and the team it was already too late! Then the top 2 lines were garbage and could never get set up the only shots they managed were perimeter and blue line shots. I was however somewhat impressed with the bottom 2 lines. They transitioned well and got in deep in the zone but a few bad bounces and simply lack of skill kept them out of the net. I HOPE TO GOD THEY PLAY BETTER TOMORROW NIGHT!!

drumnj

Oct 19, 2009
IA
redwingslive.net
It looks like the NHL thinks the Wings "smoked" the Hawks today:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2012020517&navid=sb:recap

350jog5.jpg

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
And on a similar note, I'm not gung-ho for Bouwmeester. I just don't think many Wings fans are giving him a fair shake. He'd be in a different position here than Calgary, and I actually think he'd thrive under Babcock, who would encourage him to play a simple game instead of the flashier game that's always been expected of him.

If we could just trade Quincey for Bouwmeester? :shakehead

Was at the game aswell today, kinda expected after being shutout thursday and having a couple days off we would have played better. Expected the same type of game as the last game against Chicago. Hawks were just ready and attacking all game long. I've said it before and Ill say it again, this team is bi-polar. Gustavsson is bi-polar. They play awesome for some games then suck others. It frustrating. There aren't enough difference makers on the team, Zetterberg was a notable loss in the lineup.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
We should waive him and send him to the AHL where he belongs. Nobody's going to grab him anyway. He's just not ready for the NHL yet.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
If we could just trade Quincey for Bouwmeester? :shakehead

Was at the game aswell today, kinda expected after being shutout thursday and having a couple days off we would have played better. Expected the same type of game as the last game against Chicago. Hawks were just ready and attacking all game long. I've said it before and Ill say it again, this team is bi-polar. Gustavsson is bi-polar. They play awesome for some games then suck others. It frustrating. There aren't enough difference makers on the team, Zetterberg was a notable loss in the lineup.

Isn't that the mark of a mediocre team? No consistency.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
What pisses me off, is in a 7-1 blowout vs a division rival, our biggest rival probably, NO ONE goes out there to start somethin, show them we won't be pushed around especially in our barn. Carry out the game like everythings okay, when CLEARLY, ITS NOT!! Hockey is an angry and fiery game folks...

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
What pisses me off, is in a 7-1 blowout vs a division rival, our biggest rival probably, NO ONE goes out there to start somethin, show them we won't be pushed around especially in our barn. Carry out the game like everythings okay, when CLEARLY, ITS NOT!! Hockey is an angry and fiery game folks...

I was very dissapointed in Tootoo today. After the second goal is when you run over someone, or fight someone. Tootoo tried to throw some hits, but they didn't really make an effect.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
I don't feel as bad about the loss anymore. We always do this crap when we come off a west coast trip.

I know but it appeared to be a problem of lack of drive and effort they totally gave up after they went down 3-0 (thanks to Howard). Especially on Gordie Howe's birthday...in front to Gordie Howe, Ted Lindsay, Alex Delvecchio... There was no heart in the team today I was VERRY disappointed!!! We aren't a team known for giving up and bending over for 3 whole periods.

I will say this though, we played a disciplined game taking no penalties. But that doesn't mean S#!+ when you can't play defense or get quality chances offensively. It just shows the lack of aggressiveness we has today.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
1st game at home after a road trip, guaranteed loss.
Mr. Hockey's birthday, let's do it for him, guaranteed loss.

The goal by Kindl was the backbreaking goal.
What was he trying to do actually?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad