GDT: Game 35 Boston Bruins @ Buffalo Sabres 12/19/2013 7PM NESN, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Other than the scoreboard.. I actually thought the Bruins played exceptionally well tonight. Is it just me? They were all over the offensive zone and Miller was hot.

Buffalo's gameplan was basically have one guy cherry pick the blue line and ice the puck all ****ing game long and then take advantage of our backup goalie... and it worked.

9 times out of 10 the Bruins win that game.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Yes, Johnson let in a pitiful goal, and the backup goalie is an easy scapegoat. But he has been more than adequate this year, and the game never should have been tied going into the third to begin with. The Bruins had plenty of chances to finish that game, and they didn't. A lackluster effort...it seems like we have one or two of those against Buffalo every year. It's frustrating, but let's not jump off the Tobin.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Johnson didn't help, but he held them for 2 goals through 2 1/2 periods.

Bruins should be putting up more than 2 goals against this team. Whole team dropped the ball tonight.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
so 2 points in december dont mean anything in march/april...........:shakehead

Especially with Detroit now in the division and an improved TB. I guess it's better to face all this adversity this time of year, but still you can't let 2pts get away, especially to #&@*#*& buffalo

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
Oh well. If Tuukka plays we win.

Only fitting that the B's lose to complete probably the worst day of my life.

ogoaltrop

Oct 9, 2011
I called it earlier in the day..........
Talent wise its a no brainer, but........ The Sabres are a different team with Nolan at the helm, and this is not a gimmie 2 points for the B's.
The Sabes will be up for this game for certain.

Looking doubtful that Scott gets the go at least for the first part of the home and home series, but lets face it, the B's will be looking over there shoulder a little more if he's on the ice. Heres to a fun game tonight.

Also just had Marchand on the radio stating that he may not be where he is today if it wasnt for Nolan.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Other than the scoreboard.. I actually thought the Bruins played exceptionally well tonight. Is it just me? They were all over the offensive zone and Miller was hot.

Buffalo's gameplan was basically have one guy cherry pick the blue line and ice the puck all ****ing game long and then take advantage of our backup goalie... and it worked.

9 times out of 10 the Bruins win that game.

I agree.

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
I don't like to pick on a particular player too much, but Johnson just cost us two points. His awful rebound control, lateral movement and general slowness should be a serious concern. He looks like an AHL backup.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Yes, Johnson let in a pitiful goal, and the backup goalie is an easy scapegoat. But he has been more than adequate this year, and the game never should have been tied going into the third to begin with. The Bruins had plenty of chances to finish that game, and they didn't. A lackluster effort...it seems like we have one or two of those against Buffalo every year. It's frustrating, but let's not jump off the Tobin.

I must disagree with the bolded...I thought the Bruins dominated in the O-zone. Johnson was the weak link tonight. He has been pretty decent this season...he was due a crappy start.

now if Iggy could hit the net on his chances.....we might win. But he can't.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I called it earlier in the day..........
Talent wise its a no brainer, but........ The Sabres are a different team with Nolan at the helm, and this is not a gimmie 2 points for the B's.
The Sabes will be up for this game for certain.

Looking doubtful that Scott gets the go at least for the first part of the home and home series, but lets face it, the B's will be looking over there shoulder a little more if he's on the ice. Heres to a fun game tonight.

Also just had Marchand on the radio stating that he may not be where he is today if it wasnt for Nolan.

Yeah, that was about as fun as an enema.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
A powerplay at some point when we were dominating their zone might've done wonders for us this game. But lets be honest, its not a coincidence that we're consistently ranked 28th-30th in powerplay time per season.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I'm kind of glad they didn't pull this one out. This team has been winning on 10-20 minute efforts for about a month. They played a good 15 minutes in the 2nd period. Aside from that it was more of the same. No urgency, no second effort, no push back.

Iginla and Lucic are good when they look for physical contact. Now they don't even bother making body contact unless it's an absolute necessity. Dig the puck out, cycle, perimeter SOG. Yay.

Bottom-6 is small and soft. 4th line featuring Caron and Johnson does nothing for me. I love those lines that don't score, hit, fight, or play defense. :sarcasm:

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I must disagree with the bolded...I thought the Bruins dominated in the O-zone. Johnson was the weak link tonight. He has been pretty decent this season...he was due a crappy start.

Yeah, they had zone time, especially late, but I thought they played when they wanted to...ultimately, it wasn't good enough. Sometimes you can't just play when you want to and hope to win, even against a bad team.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
So does clode automatically put Eriksson back on the second line when he returns? That would be pretty comical but not unexpected

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
We certainly played good enough to win tonight, but couldn't get some good looks to go in, and our goalie had a bad night. Buffalo may not be a great team however they at least look like a hockey team now under their new coach.

ogoaltrop

Oct 9, 2011
Yeah, that was about as fun as an enema.
C'mon man ! For Sabes fans this win is 2013's version of the Mayday game. Thats 2 in a row for Buffalo, goin in to Boston on Saturday Hot and with alot of confidence, plus Mr Scott may make a appearance, Should be fun.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Yeah, they had zone time, especially late, but I thought they played when they wanted to...ultimately, it wasn't good enough. Sometimes you can't just play when you want to and hope to win, even against a bad team.

If we had some finishing ability...we would have won this one easily...even with an on and off effort. At some point the guys need figure out that you can't shoot the puck through the goalies chest and or pads.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
A powerplay at some point when we were dominating their zone might've done wonders for us this game. But lets be honest, its not a coincidence that we're consistently ranked 28th-30th in powerplay time per season.

Actually I agree..

More than once the Bruins, specifically the Krejci line, had hemmed in their opponents in their defensive zone and applied tremendous pressure for MINUTES at a time and I don't think they have ever, not even once, drew a penalty.

It wasn't a huge deal in the last 5 years or so when the Bruins were consistently at the bottom of PP opportunities because they were awful on the PP.. but now that they are halfway decent (even GOOD), it's getting really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad