GDT: Game 35: Blackhawks @ Coyotes - 7PM

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There's the meaningless Doan hattrick. So quiet in the building.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
**** McConnell, but he was right. We were down 3 with a minute left, and we passed the puck around Looking for the perfect shot. We got it, but still... Have some urgency.

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
not even upset about this game. The team up front played really well. Fought to the end. Our goalies sucked. I'm going to say it. We need smith. He usually finishes the second half of the season well.

You know the Hawks can't be to happy about this win.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Futures looking really bright...not mad at this at all iah.

It does look bright, just need to shore up the blue line and goalie(s).

Congrats to Doaner too...tied for most franchise goals in history

Congrats Doan. It's funny how visiting fans always like to ***** on Doaner, probably because it is the only player they know, but they couldn't do that tonight with his hatty.

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
Anyone else think "a goal he'd want back" is dumb. I can't think of a goal that a goalie would say well that was well deserved.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Random post game thoughts time. Hope ollies' tailbone isn't broken, he fell right on it. Hossa hit was just an unfortunate accident imo, he went in to pokecheck and just kind of threw his shoulder at him at the same time, happened to hit his head. Domi's toedrag and crossbar shot was pretty nasty, he had a great game overall, created offense all night just didn't get any results. Dauphin wasn't bad at all. I love doan.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Random post game thoughts time. Hope ollies' tailbone isn't broken, he fell right on it. Hossa hit was just an unfortunate accident imo, he went in to pokecheck and just kind of threw his shoulder at him at the same time, happened to hit his head. Domi's toedrag and crossbar shot was pretty nasty, he had a great game overall, created offense all night just didn't get any results. Dauphin wasn't bad at all. I love doan.

If his tailbone was broken there's no way he could skate off and sit on the bench.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
What an ugly, ugly game. Despite Doaner's hat trick I left rather disgusted. Perhaps Maloney will now trade for a goalie. I know it's just 1 stink of a game, but jeez.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
What galls me is that not one Coyote decided to take his frustration out on a Hawks player. I would have expected some very hard checks and a fight or two after 2 periods, and someone should have broken one of their players in half after the fouls on Z and OEL.

Roy Baby*

Sep 28, 2015
Phoenix,AZ
It does look bright, just need to shore up the blue line and goalie(s).

Congrats Doan. It's funny how visiting fans always like to ***** on Doaner, probably because it is the only player they know, but they couldn't do that tonight with his hatty.

Doan is irreplaceable as far as I'm concerned and deserves way more respect. As far as this season goes his value has way exceeded what Toews brings. Congrats on that empty netter I guess? Really overrated when he's arguably the 5th best player on his team and gets paid a ridiculous amount.

With Strome next year, an older more polished Murphy, and the ability to afford basically any UFA and/or packaging up some prospects+picks for an established blue liner (plus this years draft pick)

abr.gif

Man oh man it's looking good

Nutz4hockey

Dec 21, 2015
Overall I think we outplayed CHI, our stats definitely suggest that. Crawford was on and made some great saves early in the game. This game really came down to the net minders, and we can attribute this loss to Lindback, giving up 3 in the first period 2 of which were completely savable. I think Louis could have been a bit better, and I agree that we were desperate at times, not finishing plays to rush back on defense because we have no confidence in our goal tending. Like what I saw with Dauphin as well.Ill be at the next game

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
Hossa hit was just an unfortunate accident imo, he went in to pokecheck and just kind of threw his shoulder at him at the same time, happened to hit his head.

If it was a coyote on hossa it would have been match penalty and suspension. I could see the league explanation now. "Watch as he stops playing the puck and intentionally lowers his shoulder then drives it through hossas head. Then immediately goes to the bench to celebrate, giving all the players and coaches high fives and turns toward the crowd and flips everyone off".

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
not even upset about this game. The team up front played really well. Fought to the end. Our goalies sucked. I'm going to say it. We need smith. He usually finishes the second half of the season well.

You know the Hawks can't be to happy about this win.

I'm rewatching the game and Linback was not at fault. When the team can't kill a penalty it isn't the goalie's fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad