Pre-Game Talk: Game 35 Battle of Alberta Edmonton + 12 Calgary -10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Huge game. If we lose, we're out of the race. If we win, the odds are still against us.

I still have us missing the playoffs. I don't think we have what it takes to go on a run needed to get into the top 8. I just don't want it to be the Flames that puts an end to our meaningful games.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
i want the oilers to win, but want them to win in ot.
would love for calgary to pick up a few points and end up picking 5th or 6th.

to bad it won't happen. the flames management have gone into full tank mode and I can see those jerks getting a top 3 pick.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
They have to come into this situation expecting Calgary to work their ass off. It's a rivalry game and they can play spoiler, don't expect them to be crestfallen because of Iginla.

Come out like you've poisoned and beating them is the only way to get the antidote.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The flames always play in God mode against us. Hopefully Cannonball ball can counteract this by going into his own God mode.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Huge game. If we lose, we're out of the race. If we win, the odds are still against us.

I still have us missing the playoffs. I don't think we have what it takes to go on a run needed to get into the top 8. I just don't want it to be the Flames that puts an end to our meaningful games.

Agreed, this is a game the Oilers need to be viable in the playoff race.

On the plus side, a loss and Tambo might swing a decent trade or two for next year.

OilerNut*

We can still lose a few games and make the playoffs, we don't have to win every game to make it like some of you guys are suggesting.

Hockey Buddha

Darnell Nurse
Aug 24, 2005
Like most everyone else in this thread, I'm hoping that the Oilers take both games against the Flames, but that is a fairly tough thing to do. Yeah, I'm expecting good things from the Oilers from here on in, but I'm not expecting either game against Calgary to be a cakewalk, and I really don't want the Oilers running away with a blow-out in the first game against the Flames, as home-in-homes usually result in a split, and a blow-out in the first game generally results in a let down in the second game. A one or two-goal win in the first game is an ideal situation to enter the second game with. Calgary has nothing to lose, will play physical, and would like nothing better than to knock off the young up-and-coming Oilers. Fistric and Peckham should play, particularly in the second game in Calgary, as this will likely be a rough affair, and the Oilers are going to need some additional muscle and physical play to play in Calgary.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think they'll still be riding high from their statement win against Vancouver. It's fun as a fan to watch them play meaningful games again, so it's got to be a big thrill ride for the players, especially the kids. It'll be interesting to see what's left of Calgary's roster for the second game though. They could be without Bouwmeester, Kiprusoff and possibly Giordano, although I doubt they deal him. If Dubnyk can play like he did against Columbus and the Canucks, they'll have more than a chance.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
We should have this game in the bag.
Yeah right ... cause the Flames have a history of playing the Oilers weak and just rolling over when things aren't going their way.
I can't believe how many posters are throwing these four points in the win column.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
the Flames are a pitiful 0-9-1 in their last 10 road games....but this is the Oilers: the pros at slumpbusting

if ever the Oilers wanted a good start, it's tomorrow

the Iggy-less Flames are ripe for the picking but guys like Kipper, Glencross and Bouwmeester always get up for these BOA games....

if anything, it'll be a tight game

Sethis

May 9, 2004
Hoping for a high pressure game right from the get go. The Flames have just lost their leader and the one constant in the identity and makeup of their team over the last sixteen years. Even if they play angry I'd say they're vulnerable. Gotta go straight for the jugular.

Streak continues. 5-2 Oilers.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I'm not 100% sure that Kipper will play both so whatever one he doesn't we might have a guaranteed win in that one:)P). The (F)Lames without Iginla are just, well, not good, lol... We should be beating teams like this anyway. C'mon.. LET'S GO BOYS!

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Dangerous thinking.

The Oilers will blow up a team that has one loss in 25 games and then drop a game to the worst team in the league. Best to be practical.

I'm laughing at all the optimism around here after a 3 game win streak. Not showing up for the Calgary game is the Oiler m.o. these last few years. If we can play a confident and competent game I'll allow myself some hope that they're actually turning it around.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Absolutely must win this game tomorrow. It is important in so many ways.

The last 3 years were we have really hit the tank Oilers have only won 3 of 16 games. The Flames absolutely own the Oilers. Hasn't even been close. Flames just lost their all time franchise player and are reeling on the road. If the Oilers have any hope we need to take it to them hard.

The Flames are going to come out hard and you just know that Glencross and the Flames roster would love nothing more than stick it to the Oilers. Can't take them lightly at all. Must play hard for 60 minutes.

Make me believe!

darkwave09

Nov 5, 2008
I am cautiously optomistic. I think the Lames will battle the oil hard like they always do. I just hope we dont come out flat a lay a stinker. I am thinking 5-4 SO win. My favorite oilers reunited again on the second line, MPS and Yak with a goal and assit each:yo:

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Oil need to take this game seriously and play the Flames harder than they ever have before. No hesitation in their plays, heads up, keep their wits about them, and give 'em hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad