Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
extralarge.png

:
extralarge.png

Game 35 for the oilers, who are riding a 3 game win streak and sit one point out of the playoffs--but tied with pile of team in that situation.

Hall is coming off his third career hat trick

Gagner leads the oilers with 13 goals and Hall in pts with 34

This is both teams last game before the deadline and if the twitter twits are to believed, both teams could be active before the deadline Wednesday--but for different reasons.

Nearly all vet flames are on the block and with the oilers they have a few soon to be UFAs who are reportedly being shopped. Depending one what happens between this game and the games being played tuesday night--oilers could go from buyers to sellers or be decide to let her ride for the season with the players they have.

Of not on this three game winning streak is that the Oilers have had two shut outs and have out scored the bad guys by 13-4

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
Momentum is high on our end and low on theirs.

If we win this one, Tambo has no choice but to acquire someone to aid our roster. That would be some kind of **** if we're tied for 8th on deadline day and we trade Whitney/Hemsky. Great message to the young guys - if we're close to the playoffs, **** the playoffs.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
All of the good will they've accumulated over these three wins will disappear completely with a loss. This is the very definition of a statement game.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
They just lost their heart and soul of the franchise. I remember when we lost Smyth, we went on a 13 game losing streak immediately after. Let's hope the same happens to CGY.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
All of the good will they've accumulated over these three wins will disappear completely with a loss. This is the very definition of a statement game.

Yep. If this team really has turned a corner (and it looks like it may have) then they need to show it by really stepping on Calgary's throat these next two games.

Musicman798

Feb 28, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think they need to aim higher than 8th. Focus on catching Detroit, LA, San Jose. With how close the teams are right out of the playoffs, any team can go on a run and knock some of them out.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Dont have a good feeling. Some how the iggy-less flames will end the 3 game winning streak

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
With Calgary drifting towards a last place finish and the Oilers slowly but surely climbing towards a playoff spot.. this should be a very winnable game.

They have played 2 solid games in a row (Blues game wasn't great but Khabi stole the show and they still managed to pot 3 so a win is a win).

Point being they seem to be playing with a lot more drive and fire over the full 60 minutes these last 2 games.

Continue that and they'll give every team fits that they play against.

I'm still not completely underestimating the Flames though because it's the Flames and they get up for these games more than most others.

5-3 Oilers

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
If we come out focused and play a full 60 min, then we have a good chance of taking this game. If we take them lightly at all, we will lose. There are no easy games in the NHL. The team that wants it the most usually wins and the flames will be motivated to be spoilers. Better bring your "A" game boys.:yo:

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I've written off the Oilers like three times this season. Hopefully I won't do it again tomorrow night. Not that that seems to hold any weight.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
As far as i'm concerned, if we come out flat against calgary and don't take these next two games, we're out of the playoff race.

We need to start being able to put away these bad teams, and not play down to their level.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I think the Flames are planning on going into full tank mode now. So with that said, I expect the next two games to be wins with a total score for the two games of 8-1 Oilers.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
I don't think losing Iggy is as bad as losing smyth was for us. I was in tears when it happened (at least when I watched the interview).

Iggy's press conference wasn't even close to as emotional. I think part of the reason was because Iggy had more time to come to terms with the fact he was traded, as opposed to Smyth who thought that if he held out more, he would get the money he was asking for (which I believe was in the 6 M range on a longer deal).

My point (before going on my tangent) is that I don't think the Flames are as distraught as we were. Our team literally collapsed after that - winning only 2 of 20 I believe. I don't think that will happen to Calgary.

Plus, if memory serves me right, one of our two wins was actually in the last game of the season against Calgary. If there's anyone that should be worried about the Flames giving it 200%, it should be us. I mean, sure, they'll lose to columbus, but they will be trying these upcoming two games. I have no doubt about it, and I am worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->