GDT: GAME 35 7:38 PM - Beautiful Downtown Newark again - TNT, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I think people underestimate how difficult it is to win when you are facing hungry very determined opponents on a nightly basis. The Bruins incredible record assures that they are going to have to grind out wins as I doubt that the Bruins can match their opponents intensity on most nights unless they are facing the likes of TB, Toronto, etc.

Not sure I can accept the premise that the best team in the league by record will generally not be able to match other teams’ intensity.

I think, like any other team, they have to keep working on their weaknesses. Which they do have. Both players and coach have alluded to the issues publicly at times recently.

There’s no doubt the games will get tougher as the year goes on. But it’d be crazy to assume they are going to just keep winning when they are grabbing wins right now whether they “deserve“ the victories or not. Some of that luck or goaltending takes a step in a different direction, the final results can shift quickly.

I do find it funny when people complain about how they're winning.

You're literally playing top competition and you ain't winning every game.

Win when you can, how you can.

I don’t take issue with the winning. I think it’s only reality that you get killed in a league of this level if you’re not learning from and improving on weak points. At least that’s what I’m getting at in some of my comments. Not trying to complain about “how they’re winning”.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Haha, yeah. One mention of them playing a tired Bruins team rested twice and losing both times, the rest is about how shit we are and how they hope their division rivals Caps/Penguins beat us because we have good goaltending (which apparently doesn't translate into wins in the playoffs). WTAF? :laugh:

Reading that thread makes me think we are the worst team in the league lol

Reactions: Fossy21

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Reading that thread makes me think we are the worst team in the league lol

If they could see the way we wear teams down come the third period when we're rested… oh well, I guess we just fluked our way to the highest goals scored (second highest per game behind Buffalo) and lowest goals against average.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Not sure I can accept the premise that the best team in the league by record will generally not be able to match other teams’ intensity.

I think, like any other team, they have to keep working on their weaknesses. Which they do have. Both players and coach have alluded to the issues publicly at times recently.

There’s no doubt the games will get tougher as the year goes on. But it’d be crazy to assume they are going to just keep winning when they are grabbing wins right now whether they “deserve“ the victories or not. Some of that luck or goaltending takes a step in a different direction, the final results can shift quickly.

I don’t take issue with the winning. I think it’s only reality that you get killed in a league of this level if you’re not learning from and improving on weak points. At least that’s what I’m getting at in some of my comments. Not trying to complain about “how they’re winning”.
Well said.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Tough way to come off the break with the scheduling no doubt.

Still getting a little too regular in hearing “they’re finding ways to win”. Definitely isn’t coming as easy as it was earlier in the year, which is to be expected to some degree. But make no mistake there are some real improvements there to be made.

First and foremost, to me, is the defensive zone and ensuing breakouts. Right now, there are so many moments of confusion and passiveness while in their own end. It NEEDS to be corrected if they want to maintain this kind of positioning in the league.
In the last couple of games especially, unforced turnovers really seem to be an increasing problem for us. Those pucks would end up in the back of our net except for stellar goaltending.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The good teams find a way to win.

2 ugly back to back games right after Christmas and they still come away with 3 points.

Nothing to complain about in my book.

A huge improvement from past years where we’d do everything right but still would lose.
They had two sets of back to backs - three on the road - bookended around Christmas and got 7 points. No one does that.

Reactions: Bradely and BTO

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
how many times did pasta flip the puck in the air tonight? like 20?
hopefully saturday he plays better than these past 2 games.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
A win is a win

You know the drill!
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad