Pre-Game Talk: Game 35 4/5 7:07 PM - THE BEAR welcomes gritty Philly to Boston - NESN, NHLN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
In fairness, I don't think I've heard Bergy say a bad thing about any teammate. Last year before the playoffs he talked glowingly about Studs and when Bjork first broke into the NHL he said good things as well.

True. That’s what a great captain does. Hypes up his teammates. He knows his importance. He’s humble about it but he understands the fact he’s the face of the Bruins, their leader, and one of the best players in the game.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I hope they'll keep these top 2 lines together. Pasta may have woken up a bit. And even though Smith hasn't scored, it seems like he's a good presence on the top line with Marchy-Bergy. Works hard. Goals will come from him hopefully.

Nice to see DeBrusk back. Interesting to see Seny on that line. Maybe that line stats clicking.

Why is Bjork out? I would have him in instead of Kuhlman.
Gotta keep our big trade chip healthy.

Reactions: HumBucker

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If Anders Bjork is our big trade chip we are soooooooooooooooo f***ed. And I like the kid!

This is why I feel like the Palmieri level player is about what the Bruins can get this year- not KP himself necessarily, but what else have they got that they can afford to lose? I guess JDB could be the biggest possible trade chip, but they aren't moving McAvoy, Pasta, Bergy, Krejci, can't move Coyle, Carlo is hurt, the yound D men have had some wobbles. So I guess Bjork might just one of our biggest trade chips :D

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Zboril looks good to me. I’m not sure why u would sit him? He was one of the only + defenders last game and played like 22 minutes.

It is more of an accumulative thought on my end. He is a bit too conservative at times lately and could also be more physical. This may be how he is coached and playing mistake free hockey keeps him in the line up... but I think he can do more. Sitting a few games may help Zboril to realize that.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
True. That’s what a great captain does. Hypes up his teammates. He knows his importance. He’s humble about it but he understands the fact he’s the face of the Bruins, their leader, and one of the best players in the game.

Oh absolutely, I just don't get to exited anymore when he says good things about a linemate because I know he's doing what a good captain/teammate would do. I will say though I like the way they played together and they've posted some stupid advanced numbers at 5v5 over the last few games (I'll have to post that in the Advanced Stats Thread).

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Any chance this game gets cancelled cuz of Halak? Gonna throw some money on the games tonight.

Just noticed NaturalStatTrick has the game listed as postponed on their site, but NHL and everywhere else still has it as a go.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I don't get the people that get upset when Bjork isn't in the lineup. Dude has 5 points in 30 games this season, closing in on 150 NHL games without finding any kind of offensive stride. He is in no way a key a contributor or a must-play.

I just think he's a better option on the 4th line than Kuhlman. Bjork has played well there. Hustles, forechecks.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This is why I feel like the Palmieri level player is about what the Bruins can get this year- not KP himself necessarily, but what else have they got that they can afford to lose? I guess JDB could be the biggest possible trade chip, but they aren't moving McAvoy, Pasta, Bergy, Krejci, can't move Coyle, Carlo is hurt, the yound D men have had some wobbles. So I guess Bjork might just one of our biggest trade chips :D
I think they’re afraid to move JDB at his lowest value, so I doubt he moves. Maybe in the offseason, gives him time to pick his value back up.

Vaak is probably the biggest that they’d part with.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I think they’re afraid to move JDB at his lowest value, so I doubt he moves. Maybe in the offseason, gives him time to pick his value back up.

Vaak is probably the biggest that they’d part with.

And there you have it- not encouraging for those looking for a some sort of blockbuster deal that brings back a young, up and coming player with 2nd line chops already established.

Reactions: The National
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad