GDT: Game 34: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Connor McDavid | 7pm est

Status
Not open for further replies.

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
Muzzin out and Marincin in, Ceci moved up, Kappy next to Matthews, Willy on the wrong wing, Goat back in, Moore first game back

thumb_looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-quit-drinking-6251464.png

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Hope the Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen line can make magic. Willy and Kappy are good buddies and should love playing together. Nylander has experience at LW (just not in the NHL), and Kapanen is way better suited for the right side. He looked completely lost on his off-wing. Kapanen adds some jam to that line and would likely stick up for Matty and Willy with at least a whack or something (we don't really have tough guys unfortunately). Hope this line can get going. Engvall and Mikheyev make two big lanky wingers for Kerfoot. Love the lines Keefe is rolling tonight! When healthy I hope we see:
Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Mikheyev
Engvall-Spezza-Moore
Rielly-Barrie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Ceci

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Muzzin out and Marincin in, Ceci moved up, Kappy next to Matthews, Willy on the wrong wing, Goat back in, Moore first game back

thumb_looks-like-i-picked-the-wrong-week-to-quit-drinking-6251464.png

- Muzzin was a maintenance Day. Good chance he still plays.
- Not sure why you have Moore being back as bad. Dude is better than most of the 4th line players we have rotating in and out.
-Gauthier is better than Petan and Aberg. Both players were trash.

Cant speak for the Kapanen and Willy points. Agree with you there.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Proposed:

Matthews Tavares Marner
Hyman Nylander Kapanen
Mikheyev Kerfoot Moore
Engvall Spezza Goat

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
- Muzzin was a maintenance Day. Good chance he still plays.
- Not sure why you have Moore being back as bad. Dude is better than most of the 4th line players we have rotating in and out.
-Gauthier is better than Petan and Aberg. Both players were trash.

Cant speak for the Kapanen and Willy points. Agree with you there.
Yeah, hopefully Moore can run on adrenaline and Goat and Kappy get out of their Funk. That Matthews line looks like a blender salad, it's 0/3 with the Kappy and Aberg trials, we shall see. They've got Zero room for injuries on defense.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Is a paucity of Left Wingers a problem on any other team ?

Weird problem to have.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Some depth scoring would be nice.
f*** that, the money, money, money boys need to be scoring! That's you Matthews, Marner and Nylander!

Tavares has done his part recently!

Depth scoring should be the whipped cream on top of the pie. Score the pie first!

Reactions: SAMCRO44

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
And to think..

We were one lottery number away from landing him :(
I know!!!! I would've preferred McDavid over drafting Marner and then following year getting Matthews.

McDavid > Marner, Matthews (especially in salary cap era).

Could you imagine getting McDavid and then signing Tavares 2 years later?

We would've potentially had our centres be McDavid-Tavares-?Kadri?

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I know!!!! I would've preferred McDavid over drafting Marner and then following year getting Matthews.

Itd be a a Championship. Leafs and Raptors same year

Reactions: TmlHockeyFan

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
**** that, the money, money, money boys need to be scoring! That's you Matthews, Marner and Nylander!

Tavares has done his part recently!

Depth scoring should be the whipped cream on top of the pie. Score the pie first!

Depth scoring has become totally non existent. Kerfoot has 9 points in 28 games. Mikheyev hasn't scored since October 25. Can't expect to win consistently if your bottom 6 doesn't chip in every now and then.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
Have no clue which way this game will go but I'm going to predict it goes to extra time with lots of goals scored.

These teams are far too bi-polar.

goleafsgo1990

Feb 7, 2012
Depth scoring has become totally non existent. Kerfoot has 9 points in 28 games. Mikheyev hasn't scored since October 25. Can't expect to win consistently if your bottom 6 doesn't chip in every now and then.

That 3rd line had some chemistry in the beginning but ever since Kerfoot was injured they haven't seemed to get it back.

Mikky started off so strong but he's been somewhat invisible lately.

We're just so bloody inconsistent. I wish Dubas would address the defense and grit issues..That's asking too much though.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario

Same here and I think almost any leaf fan would. Don't get me wrong, I think Marner and Matthews are elite players but McDavid is on a whole other level.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Top 6 have to get it done more! So do the offensive D. I'm looking at you Barrie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad