GDT: Game 34: Red Wings at devils 7:00 pm et 12/23/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Like I said yesterday, SE is not a top 3 NHL dman on any NHL ice right now.. Expecting that is foolish..
Hopefully he will be in a season or two.

He is at best a #5/6 today

SY needs to address the holes in our defence

Seider #1b/2
Ghost #4
Walman/Chariot #5
Holl# 6
Petry #7
A 6OA pick in his D+2 that’s a 5/6 Dman is a bust. Plain and simple.

• Haha
Reactions: redwings8831

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Never done this before but next game I go to if we are losing Im gonna bring a paper bag to wear on my head to display how upset I am with the state of the franchise. We have no rookies full time on the team in a REBUILD and most of yzermans free agent signings like copp suck ass, Grand Rapids is a dumpster fire and our prospects aren’t developing very much. It’s time to actually show our anger and stop saying “trust the yzerplan”. And the team can’t hold a lead ever under lalondes coaching. Better pray we win the lottery for another year in a row.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
That doesn't seem like a realistic assessment to me.

Their play, at least for the first 20 games, was pretty good all around except in goal. Then the D started to get wonky + injuries.

Same place in the standings doesn't necessarily mean "no improvement". At all.
It kind of does, though. Relative to the rest of the league, they're not improving. They're competing against other teams to make the playoffs. Not just against last season's Red Wings. Every year, they're not one of the top 8 teams in the Conference. This would be no different.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Then I take it Victor Hedman was also a bust? He went 3-23-26 in 79 games in his D+2. Or maybe Nick Lidstrom? He wasn't even in the NHL until his D+3.

If the sport causes this much stress and overreaction, you might want to consider a more relaxing hobby. Maybe gardening?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Never done this before but next game I go to if we are losing Im gonna bring a paper bag to wear on my head to display how upset I am with the state of the franchise. We have no rookies full time on the team in a REBUILD and most of yzermans free agent signings like copp suck ass, Grand Rapids is a dumpster fire and our prospects aren’t developing very much. It’s time to actually show our anger and stop saying “trust the yzerplan”. And the team can’t hold a lead ever under lalondes coaching. Better pray we win the lottery for another year in a row.
While the team looks better on paper - the results would beg to differ.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I mean seriously at what point do we talk about making sweeping organizational changes? How many years must we miss the playoffs in a row? How many players developments derailed must we see? How many coaches who fail to get results? How many shit contracts given to players like copp, chiarot. If you ask me you all aren’t mad enough, the fact there isn’t a full-time rookie on a team in a rebuild is baffling and depressing. I’m watching an all time great franchise be run into the ground. I’d like to say our future is bright but all our prospects have sucked in GR outside of edvinsson, there is something seriously wrong with our organizational structure.

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I pretty much see the Wings competing for a wild card spot which is essentially the same as I felt at the start of the month

Kane has me feeling a lot better about their chances if they do get there though....although the Goaltending is probably too much of a mess for it to matter much

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

I constantly wonder why more people don’t block you.

I mean seriously at what point do we talk about making sweeping organizational changes? How many years must we miss the playoffs in a row? How many players developments derailed must we see? How many coaches who fail to get results? How many shit contracts given to players like copp, chiarot. If you ask me you all aren’t mad enough, the fact there isn’t a full-time rookie on a team in a rebuild is baffling and depressing. I’m watching an all time great franchise be run into the ground. I’d like to say our future is bright but all our prospects have sucked in GR outside of edvinsson, there is something seriously wrong with our organizational structure.

2nd of a b2b. The team seemed to lose steam after the halfway point in the second. Refs also called 3 straight ticky tack bullshit calls against Detroit. That alone would kill most team’s momentum.

I’m bummed but not super surprised by this loss. Detroit needs some time off to rest and recover and go over film.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Didn't watch the game, but didn't really expect them to win this game. It's the second game of a back to back, and the third game in four nights, and their schedule before that doesn't help at all. They haven't had much time to put in quality practices either with a max 1 day between games.

Christmas break will do them good, and from Jan 6th they will start getting longer breaks between games, and I think we'll see a huge difference in results.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
2-7-1 boys
Congrats to the team!! That high powered offense is really getting us to the promised land. Don't get me wrong it's fun to watch us score like this but only to know the inevitable is coming takes it away at the same time. It's like wreckless abandonedment. We play like a 2 bit hooker on a coke binge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad