GDT: Game 34: No Hubris Here - Flyers at Blackhawks | Dec. 11, 2013 | 7:00 PM CT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Toews just doesn't look healthy to me

If he's injured, stop ****ing playing. It's December, doesn't make any sense to aggravate any injuries now and then play like **** in the playoffs. He does look more tentative than usual but him being injured doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I would hope they wouldn't let him keep playing if he was hurt...

member 151739

If he's injured, stop ****ing playing. It's December, doesn't make any sense to aggravate any injuries now and then play like **** in the playoffs. He does look more tentative than usual but him being injured doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, I would hope they wouldn't let him keep playing if he was hurt...

Don't forget about the Olympics. If he's really injured, he should stop playing.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Eh, they got hot at the right time. That 2010 Flyers team also squeaked in to the playoffs in the shootout of the final game of the season. Though I do agree they've destroyed even that.

In 2011 they had the most points in the league like 60 games in. Pronger got hurt and Boston crushed them in the playoffs.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
The PK HAS TO get a LOT better though friend, you will NEVER win a cup with a pk THIS bad.

Like they couldn't win the SC in 2010 with a rookie goalie and no 2nd line centre?

Like they couldn't win the SC in 2013 with the untested Crawford in nets and no 2nd line centre.

Like we can't have the best record this season in the NHL (though we do) with such a crappy penalty kill?

Over a long season, stats will tend to normalize.

Our PK numbers will get better.

But no team is perfect.

IndianHeadSweater

Nov 2, 2011
Northwest Indiana
That aint Toews tho. If he can skate, he'll play.

IndianHeadSweater

Nov 2, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Like they couldn't win the SC in 2010 with a rookie goalie and no 2nd line centre?

Like they couldn't win the SC in 2013 with the untested Crawford in nets and no 2nd line centre.

Like we can't have the best record this season in the NHL (though we do) with such a crappy penalty kill?

Over a long season, stats will tend to normalize.

Our PK numbers will get better.

But no team is perfect.
Right. Some aspect of your team will probably suck, no matter what. Our PK sucks. I don't like it, but fact is, we're great in spite of it. I still like our chances big-time. Just stay healthy.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site

It all depends what it is. As long as its not something that is going to get worse with playing, than there is no reason not to play.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
It's not like the team is 5 games in guys. The PK still being this bad is definitely alarming, but it is mitigated by every other facet of the team being elite (except goaltending which is a C+/B-).

member 151739

It's not like the team is 5 games in guys. The PK still being this bad is definitely alarming, but it is mitigated by every other facet of the team being elite (except goaltending which is a C+/B-).

And we can't rely on simply a fantastic offense. Just look at the Penguins last playoffs. Granted, the Hawks' defense is infinitely better. Not really the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad