GDT: Game 34: Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690, NESN

Does Andrew Shaw Finish the season with 50 plus points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He had a rough encounter with Tkatchuck Saturday night on SEns first goal.

My initial reaction was like... come on man, not again! I'm sure Price was thinking the same thing. No way he want's more injury distraction again this year. I'm thinking he plays through any pain as much as he can. Hard to say if it affected him or not in any way.

Not saying he played bad but to be picky, a shutout was certainly reachable for Price on Saturday. Both goals were stoppable no doubt.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Halak has been terrific this year and is making a push to take over as their starting Goalie.
Boston is a plug and play team...someone gets hurt, they calll up someone from Providence and don’t miss a beat. They have a heck of an organization in that regard.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Halak has been terrific this year and is making a push to take over as their starting Goalie.
Boston is a plug and play team...someone gets hurt, they calll up someone from Providence and don’t miss a beat. They have a heck of an organization in that regard.
That's what you need, I don't know why that's so hard for our organisation to grasp.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Bruins played last night and they are not really good on the road this year with a record of 6-8-2.
Bergeron and Chara are still out and the Bruins only managed to win 2 games in regulation in the last 10 games.

Habs should be able to take this one down.

Jul 6, 2016
Drafting is the problem. Timmins needs to go.

Drafting is one of the problem. No one here knows what's going behind closed doors when scouts, head scout, Timmins, MB and his assistants are meeting and discussing the value of young players. As for their AHL coaching staff, we will be able to judge later on. So far the Laval's defensive game is superior to what it was in the last few seasons. Is it due to the players they have or the coaching ?

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
The Bruins forward lines look like absolute shit beyond the first line, but these rivalry games always seem to find a way to be interesting no matter the line-ups anyway. I look forward to this one.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Drafting is one of the problem. No one here knows what's going behind closed doors when scouts, head scout, Timmins, MB and his assistants are meeting and discussing the value of young players. As for their AHL coaching staff, we will be able to judge later on. So far the Laval's defensive game is superior to what it was in the last few seasons. Is it due to the players they have or the coaching ?

Detroit had so much success for yeaaaaaaars because of the attitude hockey minds there. Now they are in a turn over and may never be that way again.

Montreal has had the same philosphy and scouting staff for yeeaaaars and we get a middle of the pacck up and down organization. The turn around this year is looking good so far but imho timmins time is up if he can not change his ways of drafting small wingers with bottom six potential.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Detroit had so much success for yeaaaaaaars because of the attitude hockey minds there. Now they are in a turn over and may never be that way again.

Montreal has had the same philosphy and scouting staff for yeeaaaars and we get a middle of the pacck up and down organization. The turn around this year is looking good so far but imho timmins time is up if he can not change his ways of drafting small wingers with bottom six potential.

If he stays we need better scouts behind him that can scout taller players.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

Look at alllll the players gone after his picks.. This team could have been so much better had his talents of scouting been A rated isntead of B-

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
That's what you need, I don't know why that's so hard for our organisation to grasp.
Because Attitude isn't something that you can just call up....

On a related note, I am hoping for a rough and tumble game with the the habbys grabbing the W in regulation.
Also if we lose, I expect lots of "SHOULD HAVE TRADED PRICE " comments to come out.

Jul 6, 2016
Because Attitude isn't something that you can just call up....

On a related note, I am hoping for a rough and tumble game with the the habbys grabbing the W in regulation.
Also if we lose, I expect lots of "SHOULD HAVE TRADED PRICE " comments to come out.

Especially with Halak at the other end of the ice surface...:laugh:

But Halak is, and has always been a half-season type of goalies. He rarely been able to be effective more than 45-50 games.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Since being traded, Halak has never been brilliant at the Bell Centre. Seems the pressure gets to him here. Strike early and get him rattled.

Jul 6, 2016
Point is both suck.

For me, it's better to suffer from one than the other.... At some point, Habs will have to make a decisions about the one they want to keep: Benn or Schlemko ?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think they're winning this one (but will have problems on the trip).

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
VMfwIN0.jpg

My First GDT,
Wish I had time to do more...

Nice one. You chose an excellent template!

Jul 6, 2016
I think they're winning this one (but will have problems on the trip).

Maybe, for once since a long, long time, they can play at least .500 on the road during this Holyday's trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad