GDT: Game 34: Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690, NESN

Does Andrew Shaw Finish the season with 50 plus points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The BIGGEST game of the year so far we need to double the Bruins. Hopefully we don't have any no shows except for Benn! :laugh: Literally

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nice. Except the 2nd line is really the 1st line. The D looks solid; it'll be nice if they play that way.
This is probably the most optimal lineup the Habs can ice minus Joel Armia...it'll be interesting to see how/where he fits in when he gets back and what the domino effect will be.

Agostino-Chaput-Armia seems like it would be a very good 4th line, but Peca is playing so well and brings so much speed when he plays on the wing.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's low-maintenance, brings the same game & intensity, every game.

Pretty much ideal as a 4th line winger, between him and Armia on the 4th line...good luck getting that puck back.

Would be nice to have these types but with more skill in our top 9!

If this Habs team can limit the goals against like we have been in the last month, they will be tough to beat. Not expecting the PP to win us games though. The key is solid D in front of Price and balanced scoring from all 4 lines.

Lets make the playoffs where anything can happen! :sarcasm::dunno: :nod: :facepalm:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Would be nice to have these types but with more skill in our top 9!

If this Habs team can limit the goals against like we have been in the last month, they will be tough to beat. Not expecting the PP to win us games though. The key is solid D in front of Price and balanced scoring from all 4 lines.
This has been the identity of the Habs this year...they don't have a single player that other teams must focus on to shut down like say Buffalo with Eichel or Toronto and their stars.

But forwards 1 through 12 can chip in offensively, that's certainly not something I was expecting heading into this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This has been the identity of the Habs this year...they don't have a single player that other teams must focus on to shut down like say Buffalo with Eichel or Toronto and their stars.

But forwards 1 through 12 can chip in offensively, that's certainly not something I was expecting heading into this year.

I expected a rebound and pride year that resulted in a better finish in the standings. I did think we were a fringe wild card team but I didn't predict our 5/5 play and offense being top 10 ish in the league though.

It's nice to see a positive direction but we all know we need a few impact type players if we are getting into the cup contender conversation. Will be interesting to see how we finish this year and if we can improve next year

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
VMfwIN0.jpg

My First GDT,
Wish I had time to do more...

Youre wrong.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Ita a good thing if the habs make the play offs this year because of the experience it will give our core of younger players. We have excellent prospects coming up through the pipeline that will benefit from that experience in 2 years time. By then we are assured to pick up a couple more blue chips.

We dont need to tank. This was a fast rebuild where alot of our old core pieces have been turned into better future pieces ( pacio, galch )

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I expected a rebound and pride year that resulted in a better finish in the standings. I did think we were a fringe wild card team but I didn't predict our 5/5 play and offense being top 10 ish in the league though.

It's nice to see a positive direction but we all know we need a few impact type players if we are getting into the cup contender conversation. Will be interesting to see how we finish this year and if we can improve next year

Poehling, brook, kotka, domi, drouin, juuslen, suzuki, mete, romanov ( if he wants it ), ylonen,... The pieces are there for the next ten years.

We will pick a defensman this year in the first book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad