GDT: Game #34: Avalanche vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps - Really?? We Just Played These Guys Edition.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
Fellas, what a game. This is one of those games that I really wish I was at the rink, it would have just been crazy to be in there with all that craziness, it must have been something. Can't wait for the team to move into their new joint so I can become a STH again...can't wait.

That being said, what a game, great comeback and absolutely love to see the 'joy' on the players faces...we've got a group that cares.

Also, big Kudos to Dumba...if the dude plays like he has the last 10 games, then he's a keeper. This is the type of stuff you need in the playoffs...he's been great.
first 20 games or so thought dumba was just awful worst Dman out there, but he has completely turned me around. with kesselring showing good offensive skills (along w jj and durzi) they need a stay at home physical Dman and he has been exactly that. Maybe after 10years in MINN, different system different role its was a tough transition, but I like his game now, I dont care if he gets 0pts rest of the season if he continues to play like this.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
first 20 games or so thought dumba was just awful worst Dman out there, but he has completely turned me around. with kesselring showing good offensive skills (along w jj and durzi) they need a stay at home physical Dman and he has been exactly that. Maybe after 10years in MINN, different system different role its was a tough transition, but I like his game now, I dont care if he gets 0pts rest of the season if he continues to play like this.
I am glad people are thinking he’s better, but I saw him get beat pretty badly on 2 goals ( 3 and 4 for the avs) last night as well as getting beat by makar, which led to the mack pp goal. maybe he got pissed at himself and played better

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I am glad people are thinking he’s better, but I saw him get beat pretty badly on 2 goals ( 3 and 4 for the avs) last night as well as getting beat by makar, which led to the mack pp goal. maybe he got pissed at himself and played better
Problem with Dumba is that he has lost first step quickness...just like OEL, he can be beat wide or with agility by the top tier players...which is ever increasing in the NHL. He can make up for it by being more physical and when he does, he's more effective, like he was in the 3rd period vs the first two periods.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
not saying dumba is great, he has looked a lot better and been solid. our Dmen are not physical at all he brings something no one else does. earlier this year he jumped into the OZone and his lack of speed killed him trying to get back and defend, if he stays up top plays what his game is that will be enough. and cmon makar is elite makes most every one look bad.

Reactions: DustyDangler

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
at this point I'd like to see McBain C the top line, since hayton went down they have tried cooley, boyd, schmaltz (at C), now kerfoot. Keller and Schmaltz skillset need a big guy to just get in front of the net, dig in the corners, draw the D tighter open up the OZone space. hayton provided that the other guys havent, need kell/schmaltz to score more 5v5.
I know they wont because that line is on fire but Bjug would compliment those 2 I think really well.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
at this point I'd like to see McBain C the top line, since hayton went down they have tried cooley, boyd, schmaltz (at C), now kerfoot. Keller and Schmaltz skillset need a big guy to just get in front of the net, dig in the corners, draw the D tighter open up the OZone space. hayton provided that the other guys havent, need kell/schmaltz to score more 5v5.
I know they wont because that line is on fire but Bjug would compliment those 2 I think really well.
I'd at least try him...can't do any worse than all those other guys.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
A right-shooting version of Josh Morrissey?

Morrissey is seen as a defensively minded player because he spent many years under Paul Maurice who forced that on him. His recent unbridled years are more like the Durzi comparable I'm referring to.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
McBain isn’t the playmaker like Cooley (or Hayton for that matter) is. I’d say even Kerfoot is better.
completely agree, but CK/NS are such playmakers they dont need a third one on the line they need big guy getting in the G face knocking the puck loose in the corners. imagine NS/CK having more open space w mcbain parked in front knocking in loose pucks on rebounds

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I was looking for this.

The DNVR postgame was entertaining. It was like a guy with a Porsche got a flat tire, with AAA and sitting on the side of the road and he gets mad at the 2008 Hyundai driving by him. Dude, you'll be fine. lol.
Hyundai? That was a '69 Roadrunner with a 383 bored out to 440 with dual racing cams...

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I'm actually a MacKinnon fan but when he laid out Skinner, just because he could, and people were like "OMG Mack is such a dominant presence!" I'm like, yeah he is but that wasn't anything to boast about." You laid out the figure skater on the Sabres. Good for you.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I'm actually a MacKinnon fan but when he laid out Skinner, just because he could, and people were like "OMG Mack is such a dominant presence!" I'm like, yeah he is but that wasn't anything to boast about." You laid out the figure skater on the Sabres. Good for you.
there is something dishonorable in Mack’s superb play. Hard to describe it well. Its like he gets his motivation from a bad place.

• Wow
Reactions: Kaizen

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I actually sit across from the visiting team announcers. Not sure where the home boys sit, but the visitor team has a center ice view main floor.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad