Post-Game Talk: Game 33 - The losing streak is at 5 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 2 F

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Still would like to get Palmieri and Anderson, trade Heinen, Ritchie, Cehlarik and Moore for them add picks and a prospect if needed. Get some physical presence and secondary scoring

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Bjork-Krech-Palmieri
JDB-Coyle-Anderson
Nordy-Kuraly-Wags

insert Cliffy
bring back Kampfer as the extra dee
Ritchie and Moore have negative value at this point and Cehlarik cleared waivers earlier so obviously nobody wanted him. You would be adding a lot of picks and prospects to Heinen.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Regarding Chara, that clamour for reduced minutes has been a thing for at least 7 seasons now. It was definitely apparent in 2015 and '16. Certainly if we LF keyboarders can recognize it, the braintrust at TDGarden can too. I think?

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
One thing the bruins need to stop doing on the power play is have krug and pastrnak randomly switch spots. A left shot in pastrnaks spot makes absolutely zero sense and having pastrnak as the only person back on the blue line is just asking for the other team to get a breakaway. It is so frustrating to watch.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Please get a call to Backes. He needs to have your help and protect himself from himself.

Better yet talk to Timmy Thomas, McQuaid and Savard. Look at the guys that have died from brain injuries in the last 5 years. I know most were fighters but still Backes has had 10 concussions, he is not thinking straight. He has had an excellent career playing a game he loves. I wish I was his age with his money, get out now and be healthy and wealthy for life.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I know a lot of people in here wish they signed Marcus Johansson and he’s got the same goals and pts this year as the guy named Chara.

Z is top 20 in the league for even strength points for a defenseman - tremendous defensively - willing and able to fight and frighten most of the league - Cup winning captain and sure thing future hall of famer. Why in the world wouldn’t you want that guy signed?

Mojo has also played seven fewer games than Chara,
so I noticed you didn't mention that. Would you make
a significant bet at year end the points spread will be
where they are now?

Facts are B's are a weaker team w/o him. I believe
they never gave him an offer which given what he
signed for was a fail on DS part.

He had options such as trading Heinen before the draft
and sending Backes to Providence.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Mojo has also played seven fewer games than Chara,
so I noticed you didn't mention that. Would you make
a significant bet at year end the points spread will be
where they are now?

Facts are B's are a weaker team w/o him. I believe
they never gave him an offer which given what he
signed for was a fail on DS part.

He had options such as trading Heinen before the draft
and sending Backes to Providence.
That you feel the need to make that a bet is kind of the point.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Better yet talk to Timmy Thomas, McQuaid and Savard. Look at the guys that have died from brain injuries in the last 5 years. I know most were fighters but still Backes has had 10 concussions, he is not thinking straight. He has had an excellent career playing a game he loves. I wish I was his age with his money, get out now and be healthy and wealthy for life.
Got to say its pretty ugly watching posters who trashed Backes for so long pretend to now care about his health as a justification for continuing to wish him off the team.

Reactions: lopey

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Got to say its pretty ugly watching posters who trashed Backes for so long pretend to now care about his health as a justification for continuing to wish him off the team.

So much for assumptions. You know when you assume, you make an azz out of u and me. I have 3 close people in my life dealing with brain injuries, comas and diseases. One died 2 weeks ago, this time last week I was at a funeral.

My mother is suffering with Alzheimer's the last 5 years, I took care of her in her house and now she is in a retirement home, wheel chair bound. Watching her slip away is agonizing, a slow tormented death for everyone connected. This is brain related and I am dealing with it and wondering when it will happen to me. So thinking about the future for me is different vs a game played by millionaires for fanboys.

My Brother-in-law just passed a few weeks ago. I was with my nephews and sister crying as they watched their father slowly fade away in 4 months. He lasted 14 days without the intravenous drip and shrunk with weight loss. He would open his eyes and look at you, at times would grip your hand. Most times it was a blank, far off stare. Sometimes he appeared to be getting a bit better then always the relapses. The top of his skull was taken off to relieve pressure, not a pretty site. All he did was fall and hit his head on a coffee table - once.

My nephew came out a drug induced coma and almost died in February, he was 24. We thought everything was fine afterwards, as he appeared to be okay but he sometimes struggles with daily things. So I have a personal perspective that is close to me versus who the heck lines up in a game as a borderline player. My nephew does not have millions to live off of the rest of his life.

I have said Backes is a better option then Ritchie lately, still not the answer but I want the best we can get. He will be a great coach and player developer, I have said that numerous times. Same goes for Bergy and concussions, if he gets another bad head hit I want to see him retire. He has nothing to prove and I say that as he is my Favorite player. He has 5 and can take no more according to his doctors, Backes has 10.

I can separate the long term health issue and be critical of his fading skill set and usage and still worry about him. I sometimes wonder about people clamoring for him while ignoring his long term health. They are personally invested and identify with a player too much. It is just a game, entertainment to take us away from life and reality. I hope he stays healthy and if he can contribute I am all for it but we need better players for the team. It is about the emblem not the name on the back.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
So much for assumptions. You know when you assume, you make an azz out of u and me. I have 3 close people in my life dealing with brain injuries, comas and diseases. One died 2 weeks ago, this time last week I was at a funeral.

My mother is suffering with Alzheimer's the last 5 years, I took care of her in her house and now she is in a retirement home, wheel chair bound. Watching her slip away is agonizing, a slow tormented death for everyone connected. This is brain related and I am dealing with it and wondering when it will happen to me. So thinking about the future for me is different vs a game played by millionaires for fanboys.

My Brother-in-law just passed a few weeks ago. I was with my nephews and sister crying as they watched their father slowly fade away in 4 months. He lasted 14 days without the intravenous drip and shrunk with weight loss. He would open his eyes and look at you, at times would grip your hand. Most times it was a blank, far off stare. Sometimes he appeared to be getting a bit better then always the relapses. The top of his skull was taken off to relieve pressure, not a pretty site. All he did was fall and hit his head on a coffee table - once.

My nephew came out a drug induced coma and almost died in February, he was 24. We thought everything was fine afterwards, as he appeared to be okay but he sometimes struggles with daily things. So I have a personal perspective that is close to me versus who the heck lines up in a game as a borderline player. My nephew does not have millions to live off of the rest of his life.

I have said Backes is a better option then Ritchie lately, still not the answer but I want the best we can get. He will be a great coach and player developer, I have said that numerous times. Same goes for Bergy and concussions, if he gets another bad head hit I want to see him retire. He has nothing to prove and I say that as he is my Favorite player. He has 5 and can take no more according to his doctors, Backes has 10.

I can separate the long term health issue and be critical of his fading skill set and usage and still worry about him. I sometimes wonder about people clamoring for him while ignoring his long term health. They are personally invested and identify with a player too much. It is just a game, entertainment to take us away from life and reality. I hope he stays healthy and if he can contribute I am all for it but we need better players for the team. It is about the emblem not the name on the back.
Sorry for all you’re going through and honestly I didn’t mean that post to be directed at you as one of the people I was referring to.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Sorry for all you’re going through and honestly I didn’t mean that post to be directed at you as one of the people I was referring to.

Ya theres really no argument that you can make to justify a player taking more concussions at 35 so you say critics of Backes play really dont care about his health. Ya we all want to see him drooling from the side of his face years from now. You really nailed that one. Good job. You have no clue how I feel about backes health so spare the BS

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Ya theres really no argument that you can make to justify a player taking more concussions at 35 so you say critics of Backes play really dont care about his health. Ya we all want to see him drooling from the side of his face years from now. You really nailed that one. Good job. You have no clue how I feel about backes health so spare the BS
Yeah - you’re exactly the kind of poster I was referring to. Thanks for illustrating the point of how ugly these posts have become

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yeah - you’re exactly the kind of poster I was referring to. Thanks for illustrating the point .

Whatever, childish antics by you. You cant argue so you try to deamonize bc of an opinion on backes. This is a board for opinions on players if you didnt notice. I'd rather respond to your post than playing the which poster am I referring to game

Last edited:

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
They did not play either Tampa or Washington. They will likely play one of them this year.
No but those comment were said... and nobody thought Tampa and Washington would get kicked out the PO. Who did know and/or anticpated that St-Louis would win it all last year?
These kind of comments on who will win and who will not, and how Boston is and/or not a contender changes thru the year, will go with health, puck luck and deadline moves.
You can argue what you want, the idea is who knows, season is long ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad