GDT: Game 33: Red Wings vs flyers 7:00 pm et 12/22/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
We so very desperately need to get rid of the chip out/chip in system when we have a lead. We don't have the personnel for it. Not to mention it's a trash system that does nothing but give the trailing team possession over and over.

We need to pass from zone to zone or skate from zone to zone. Increase the puck skills and skating ability of our players. I would swap Maatta, Holl, and Petry for the three Swedes in GR in a heartbeat. Bring up Burgers and dump a mucker that can't pass.

It's maddening that we're trying this ugly shit when we actually have a healthy bit of talent on the roster with more readily available. Skating and being able to move the puck need to take priority over size and whatever else they are looking at right now.

Ed better be on his way to wherever the f*** we're playing tomorrow.

There won't be any. CBA mandated break.
Have a feeling Wally will just play.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
If Matta is going to be out for any period of time call up Simon. Let's see what we can do with him on the backend

Reactions: Sentinel

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Where's that guy that keeps bashing Kane?
If you mean me, I'm still around. I said after his first couple games that it looks like he still has his good stuff.
I bash him because he has always been an entitled, dbag, low quality human being and it still makes me want to puke seeing him in a Wings sweater.
Good hockey player though

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
OK, I was a little bourboned-up by the end last night, but I wanted to note 2 things:

1) Win. A STUPID win, but a win. Yay.
2) I never want to see Reimer in the Wings' goal again. He's a flippin' window, and not even a double-paned one.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
OK, I was a little bourboned-up by the end last night, but I wanted to note 2 things:

1) Win. A STUPID win, but a win. Yay.
2) I never want to see Reimer in the Wings' goal again. He's a flippin' window, and not even a double-paned one.
Hutch will change your mind tonight, lol. I do not expect him to be any better.

Bets we can hope for is that Lyon recovers fast. Husso is officially on IR list now.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Hutch will change your mind tonight, lol. I do not expect him to be any better.

Bets we can hope for is that Lyon recovers fast. Husso is officially on IR list now.
That makes twice I've watched a Wings goalie hurt himself out of the net. Remember Gustavsson? I'd just recovered from my only shoulder separation, and when I saw it happen I said "Yep, that's a shoulder. Dayum."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad