GDT: Game 33: Red Wings vs flyers 7:00 pm et 12/22/23 (ESPN+, BSD)

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
It’s gonna suck trading Kane at the deadline :(
shut-up-itysl.gif

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yzerman hedged his bets by carrying 3 goaltenders and still came up empty.

Obviously this team is rattled right now but goaltending is still the biggest issue to me. As in the Wings need an actual NHL calibre goalie.

Someone smarter than me please answer this:

Why are the Wings so susceptible to tipped shots in front of the net? Dman not covering properly and tying up sticks? Goalie playing too far back or just being plain bad?

It's crazy how many have gone in.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yzerman hedged his bets by carrying 3 goaltenders and still came up empty.

Obviously this team is rattled right now but goaltending is still the biggest issue to me. As in the Wings need an actual NHL calibre goalie.
They look like they did when Ned was in net last season. They are shitting bricks on any shot. You could see them relax when playing with Husso instead.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Any chance they will have anything in the tank for tomorrow?

Also any chance Hutch gets the net? He should.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Had a $50 4 player shots parlay that would have won $1,185. Losing leg was Sprong over 2.5. Dang. Win some, lose some.

Just happy they pulled this one out. I was gloating to Philly colleagues after 1st.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
There will be a great deal of practice time before the December 27th, game. Guess what the Wings will be focusing 1.Defensive play and structure in their D zone. 2 Goaltending 3. A strong forecheck in the offensive zone. 4. reducing turnovers. 5. Bring up Edvinsson. 6. The other clubs are getting too much room in the neutral zone I hope the game on the 27th we're able to start Lyon if Husso still not available. Reimer will be sitting hopefully for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sentinel

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
We so very desperately need to get rid of the chip out/chip in system when we have a lead. We don't have the personnel for it. Not to mention it's a trash system that does nothing but give the trailing team possession over and over.

We need to pass from zone to zone or skate from zone to zone. Increase the puck skills and skating ability of our players. I would swap Maatta, Holl, and Petry for the three Swedes in GR in a heartbeat. Bring up Burgers and dump a mucker that can't pass.

It's maddening that we're trying this ugly shit when we actually have a healthy bit of talent on the roster with more readily available. Skating and being able to move the puck need to take priority over size and whatever else they are looking at right now.

Ed better be on his way to wherever the f*** we're playing tomorrow.

There will be a great deal of practice time before the December 27th. Guess what the Wings will be focusing 1.Defensive play and structure in their D zone. 2 Goaltending 3. A strong forecheck in the offensive zone. 4. reducing turnovers. 5. Bring up Edvinsson. 6. The other clubs are getting too much room in the neutral zone I hope the game on the 27th we're able to start Lyon if Husso still not available. Reimer will be sitting hopefully for a long time.
There won't be any. CBA mandated break.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3