GDT: Game 33: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 4/1/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, TSN5, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Tkachuk was always the guy to come in, be NHL ready right away and provide some scoring, edge, dirtiness but his upside is fairly limited and we are seeing it, despite his impact in year one, his production isn't really getting much better and the team around him is better than when he started. He's a bigger Gallagher, a valuable player that every NHL team wants to have, but the amount of hand-wringing over not taking this guy in the top 5 is just ludicrous.

When we were picking KK, we didn't even have Suzuki in our pipeline. I can only imagine these boards if we passed on KK and took Tkachuk, during KK's first year when he put up very respectable numbers at C at 6'2 and bambi legs. It would be ruthless.

And again, I just find it f***ing hilarious that whenever there's a lull in KK's play.. the usual suspects come back to cry about Tkachuk when his offensive impact is the same as Andrei Kostitsyn's first 3 full years with our team and that was another wrist slit.. and we took AK46 outside the top ten.

You'd think we passed on Connor McDavid when in reality it's a 50 pt complimentary winger.

And as far as I'm concerned, the only person who has the right to come in and talk about Brady Tkachuk is @DramaticGloveSave who was the only one who really put his balls on the table for Brady during the draft year.. everyone else wanted KK or Zadina, with a few liking Hughes.

I liked Boqvist and Wahlstrom, was really good with KK because of the U-18s and C need.. and despite Tkachuk being fast out of the gate, Wahlstrom and Boqvist have turned in some really good seasons this year and look to be hitting an upwards development curve just like KK.

Just being an ass here, but AK was drafted #10, so in the top10. :DD

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just being an ass here, but AK was drafted #10, so in the top10. :DD

Haha all good, I thought it was 11th.

Also, food for thought
upload_2021-4-1_12-54-26.png

upload_2021-4-1_12-54-40.png

Brady's TOI is a factor here.. Kotkaniemi has a higher P/60 than Brady despite playing the more demanding position. What this suggests is that if KK and Brady had the same TOI (ignoring PP TOI which favors Brady too this year by almost double), that KK would score more points.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
If we come out and play the Sens the way we played Edmonton, everyone will have chicken tomorrow.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
The Tkachuk obsession is really, really weird. One would think that if there was someone to whine about it wouldn't be Tkachuk, whos just not very good.

My old man use to say the grass always looks greener on the other side, but he also added sometimes it's a lot harder to mow...

Reactions: Redux91

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Haha all good, I thought it was 11th.

Also, food for thought
View attachment 415996
View attachment 415997

Brady's TOI is a factor here.. Kotkaniemi has a higher P/60 than Brady despite playing the more demanding position. What this suggests is that if KK and Brady had the same TOI (ignoring PP TOI which favors Brady too this year by almost double), that KK would score more points.

giphy.gif

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
With the Leafs and Bruins, I would get tired of seeing them fail because I would want to face them in the playoffs. With the Sens however, I hope that miserable franchise stays at the bottom of the league for eternity. f*** them, I can't stand those pukes.

They are beginning to feel like the WISH version of the Nordiques...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
in a way its good that ottawa are our opponent after a tired oilers team. We need to keep sharp and can't start to coast.

There was a poll that said 90% of Habs fans think we'll win tonight. I voted for us to get the W.

But I would not in any way whatsoever be surprised if we lose tonight. The Sens have our number. We usually carry the play, but not in a way that it shows up onnthe scoresheet. I expect Staal and Cole to help out in that department. But they're not here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad