Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 - HAPPY FESTIVUS!!!! THE BEAR has NO grievances - BRUINS 4 Newark 3 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Saturday, December 24 – Monday, December 26 (Boston, MA)

- No practice or media availability

Tuesday, December 27 (Canadian Tire Center, Ottawa, Ontario)

- Flight to Ottawa

- Morning skate, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game at Ottawa Senators, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Flight to New Jersey

Wednesday, December 28 (Prudential Center, Newark, NJ)

- No morning skate

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to the media at approximately 6:10 p.m.

- Game at New Jersey Devils, 7:30 p.m. (TV: TNT, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Flight to Boston

Thursday, December 29 (Boston, MA)

-TBD

Friday, December 30 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
They were definitely gassed at the end; even in the post-game celebration, the usual look of jubilation was replaced by a look of relief. Hence why I didn't mind them taking their foot off the gas during the third period. The two goals against came when they seemingly didn't make the simple play, with all the cliches - pucks in deep, short shifts, clog the neutral zone.

I'm a big fan of both Clifton and Forbort, but I am now nervous when they attempt to get the puck out.

I was hoping for 2 points out of the last 4, with playoff-caliber opponents, travel, and the looming holiday. But to win both in regulation in come-from-behind fashion - wow.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They won but it’s expected now

I’m interested in style points

It’s not the end result but the journey - sorry Bobby Orr

Not impressed they beat a very good team on the road, in a back to back some say a scheduled loss- sorry Bill Belichick

I’d rather focus on that tbird period and hope Thursday Lindholm (7) and McAvoy (4) could go from 11 shots to ZERO last night

Where has been the fantastic Taylor Hall last 2 games

Lot to worry about this Christmas if you are a Bruins fan

Bah Humbug

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Devils played well, that was a good game. The Bruins were at a disadvantage having played the night before and it did show by the end but they did it yet again. They really don't like to lose.

I hope the boys enjoy their time with family and friends, relax and rest. I hope there aren't too many on the team who will be alone, but I'm guessing Uncle Nick or someone else will step in and make sure that doesn't happen. What a beautiful team in more ways than one.

Merry Christmas Bruins!! Happy Holidays Bruins!!

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
They won but it’s expected now

I’m interested in style points

It’s not the end result but the journey - sorry Bobby Orr

Not impressed they beat a very good team on the road, in a back to back some say a scheduled loss- sorry Bill Belichick

I’d rather focus on that tbird period and hope Thursday Lindholm (7) and McAvoy (4) could go from 11 shots to ZERO last night

Where has been the fantastic Taylor Hall last 2 games

Lot to worry about this Christmas if you are a Bruins fan

Bah Humbug
GOAT

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Since the 2009-10 NHL season, no team has had fewer than 5 Regulation Losses through 33 games. The Bruins have 4 this season.

Also, no team earned more than 52 points through 33 games. The Bruins have 56.

Understatement: Impressive, impressive start for the 2022-23 Bruins.

Minor nitpick, but the 2012-13 Blackhawks had 53 points through 33 games

aguineapig

Lost power mid-morning, thankfully came back on around five in the afternoon. No TV or Innernet though, had to thaw out the radio and listen to 98.5 the SportsDubs. Love Judd and Beersy, no fault of theirs the rest of the flagship station employees know not of the league leading Bruins. Fell asleep in the third when it was 4-2, guess the B's did too. Still found a way, that's what the great ones do. Pasta is making the rest of the league feel like I used to when going up against Lafleur and Bossy. DeBrusk plays even better when he's got DaBeard going.
Gave up 40 shots last night after 39 vs Jets, good time for a Christmas break and Festivus Restivus. Stat of the night, Devils 40 shots, B's with 30 blocked shots. McAvoy with six, Old Men Winter Krejci and Bergy with 5 and 4. Hopefully Santa puts lumps of coal in all their stockings to keep the bruising to a minium.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Interesting that the BRUINS will have to come up with an extension for Pasta averaging 10 mil/yr. In baseball, a team would be lucky to obtain a #4 starter for 10 mil/yr. The most brutal, imho, of the 4 major sports has the lowest payroll.

I believe it takes in the least revenue of the 4 major sports

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Yet again, just when you think, on a back-to-back, they might run out of gas this time, boom. A little hairy at the end, but they will deservedly enjoy their Christmas break.

1671889024930.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad