GDT: Game #33: Coyotes @ Avalanche - 7:00pm - Scripps

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I hope Moser is ok.
I thought the Avs roughed the Yotes up pretty good… with some help from head up the butt refs.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I hope Moser is ok.
I thought the Avs roughed the Yotes up pretty good… with some help from head up the butt refs.
We can't worry about the refs...we need to stand up ourselves

Crouse did what he needed to
McBain didn't do what he needed to do
O'Brien didn't do what he needed to do

What we need is more players like Raffi Torres

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
We can't worry about the refs...we need to stand up ourselves

Crouse did what he needed to
McBain didn't do what he needed to do
O'Brien didn't do what he needed to do

What we need is more players like Raffi Torres
i get ya about the refs not being something to worry about, but a little deserved help from them wouldnt have been turned down :)

i get ya about the refs not being something to worry about, but a little deserved help from them wouldnt have been turned down :)
remember it was an avs player ( manson I think) with the cheapie on boyd that ended boyds season

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We’ve got to find a better mix of finding the perfect play to getting pucks on net and when executing the latter, we need bodies in front and / or, crashing the net.
I see some of this but I really think we have a mix of talented forwards like we haven't seen ever or maybe when JR was here. We lost because our team D failed us and a few turnovers wound up in our net. When we clean that up, we hold teams to 2 goals or less. True we have to score more than once, but I feel like we have the fire power to do that pretty consistently. Lets see if Bear can clean up the D a bit before next game, just watch film, its all there.

Avs are so good, they make you pay.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I see some of this but I really think we have a mix of talented forwards like we haven't seen ever or maybe when JR was here. We lost because our team D failed us and a few turnovers wound up in our net. When we clean that up, we hold teams to 2 goals or less. True we have to score more than once, but I feel like we have the fire power to do that pretty consistently. Lets see if Bear can clean up the D a bit before next game, just watch film, its all there.

I appreciate your attention to the defensive side of things and agree with you. My comment was perhaps a bit too subtle, as I’m seeing (and hearing from Bear) an emphasis on getting the puck to the net more, while still managing it.

It was almost like Bear was reading my words a couple weeks ago :laugh: when I wrote that although Schmaltz/Keller are not known as “shoot happy,” I suggested that time of possession could be a coaching mandate taken too far because they started shooting a bit more and he started talking about it around the same time - LOL

There’s plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the puck.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobra427

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
AVS have no weakness and have been playing meh lately and been called out. their G was great, ingram was good, we hit a couple of bars they got them in the net, refs missed/ate whistle on couple obvious interferences, but overall when AVS play their game (and they sure did) we need to be perfect. two years ago this would have been 7-0 game, we are not at AVS level but getting closer.
Add mckinnon is an absolute beast - nash is right I'd take him to start team even over matthews, mcdavid anyone.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Mackinnion is a really good hockey player. Really good. So why is his play cheap? Hard to forget him throwing his helmet at Garland. I’ll never be a fan, and will clap in approval if I ever see him get run hard. I hope a yote doles it out.
He plays on the edge no doubt.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I think most knew our D was going to be our weak point of our team, and when the forwards don't contribute to team D we are in trouble. I don't think we can really clean it up until we get better talent on the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad