GDT: Game #33 - 12.23.14 - vs Toronto - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
The team is starting to have periods where they really dominate the opposition on the zone time, we will win playing this type of hockey.

The only person who won that game for the Leafs was Bernier. With an average goaltending performance, we take it.

If our goaltending is equal or better than the opponents we win. If not we lose. This season we have consistently lost the goaltending battle and go figure, we suck.

MetalGodAOD*

If Kari is goin to be up and down all year, we're definitely doomed. I thought he was back after the Vancouver and Calgary game. Does he really tired out that easily these days? Is he one of the ones who is feeling the flu a bit?

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
I was at the game.

Joki sucks. Go away. Tired of young dman with no defensive skills.

This teams plays with no urgency until they are down big. Whatever.

Segs is still awesome. Snake-bitten as fug tonight.

NukeJukes43

I was at the game.

Joki sucks. Go away. Tired of young dman with no defensive skills.

This teams plays with no urgency until they are down big. Whatever.

Segs is still awesome. Snake-bitten as fug tonight.

Lol yeah Jokipakka is our worst defenseman.

Get a clue, pal.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Joki is a rookie D, he's going to have bad nights. He has had more than enough good night's. Not like the rest of our D was any good anyways.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I actually don't mind Jokipakka. I find him to be a decent bottom pairing defenceman, even at this early stage of his career. Atleast he can skate and move the puck a bit.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Jokipakka was downright bad tonight. While expected, holy hell he was really bad. Goligoski was terrible too. Jordie Benn was a waste of ice time. I am still infuriated that they let Connauton go over sending Jordie Benn down.

The team has no urgency, no intimidation factor, no respect for Kari.

Tonight's performance was shameful.

aloonda*

i was pissed that phanooof didn't get demollished after squashing spezza

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I was pissed the Stars went and took a stupid penalty after Spezza was checked. When the Benns went in the box, it was pretty much throwing in the towel on the game.

Jordie was the only one to take a penalty. Jamie was about to fight the Neanderthal.

This is the NHL, we can't be letting this garbage go on.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Well my date (talked about on page 1) went exceptionally well. She was asking surprisingly intelligent questions for a person who didn't really know much about hockey.

The game was a stinker, but oh well.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Bro Fist
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸post This Ten Times
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\if Ur A Bro
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Jokipakka was downright bad tonight. While expected, holy hell he was really bad. Goligoski was terrible too. Jordie Benn was a waste of ice time. I am still infuriated that they let Connauton go over sending Jordie Benn down.

Being paired with Daley doesn't help much.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Turned it off, I'd rather watch Parks & Rec...

not a bad decision.

Can't wait for the next season to start in a few weeks.

Anyway. Game = awful.
Seguin = snakebitten. Like how the heck not one of those went in?!
The break will come in handy. Hopefully they can gather themselves during it. Be it for the plummet to the top or a serious push for the POs.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
Did you guys actually watch Jordie in this game? He was one of the lone bright spots. For a 4-0 game, he had a 0 +/- and 3 shots on goal. His play in both zones was lightyears better than it was in the beginning of the season. At the arena we were calling him "Beast Mode Jordie."

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site

The Kevin Connauton thing still bugs me, too. Not to say he is ever going to be a great player, but it seems to be, given opportunity He can put up some good offensive numbers and he is not any worse defensively than Goligoski or Benn. We never even took the opportunity to find out what we had in him, when we should know that other players we have are simply not good.

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
KC was given opportunities. So what if he found his game somewhere else? He wasn't finding it here. Yes, other defensemen suck and/or should be cut. But KC didn't earn **** here. Let it go.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I'm still not understanding why Oleksiak isn't playing. He clearly has been better than a couple of guys and gets better with more pt, but were letting him improve his press box skills.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Goligoski didn't pick up Kadri on the first goal, but Lehtonen didn't cover himself in any glory. Goligoski is absolutely dreadful in the defensive zone. He did have a glorious hit on Phaneuf though.

I'm not sure how many posts the team hit but Seguin for sure hit three. That's unfortunate.

Jokipakka didn't play well but for his defensive woes he's really pretty good with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone. I think he only had one turnover on a blocked shot, otherwise he got it deep, passed to a teammate or got his shot on net. The foundation is there and he's going to get plenty of games to learn in this dumpster fire of a season. Too bad Oleksiak can't say the same.

Sceviour is getting better and his line was really good tonight though they need to produce with that kind of zone time.

Defensive lapses, odd man rushes, and poor goaltending will sink anyone. That's been true of this team all year. Unless Kari is outstanding, they'll lose most nights to any decent team. Western Canada was the aberration, tonight's game against Toronto is closer to the truth.

Bad teams play bad against decent or better teams most nights. Expect to see a lot more when the schedule goes back to divisional games. The tank is still very much on.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
KC was given opportunities. So what if he found his game somewhere else? He wasn't finding it here. Yes, other defensemen suck and/or should be cut. But KC didn't earn **** here. Let it go.

Pretty much. If KC was still here I would hope for the same thing I hope for with Jordie, which is for him to basically be the permanent 7th defenseman who only draws into a game in the event of an injury. I would still want to see Joki and Oleksiak getting the lion's share of the opportunities. I don't really feel like this is Malhotra 2.0 where we let go of a guy who proves to be a very valuable NHL player. KC will always be just a guy, and he might not even be an NHL guy in the long run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad